Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone! My wife and I are concerned about the homestudy. (yes we are a same sex couple, please be nice) We are contemplating foster - to - adopt through CPS. My in-laws are living with us as my FIL is a disabled Vietnam Veteran. I have a couple questions and hope someone can help.
1st. My mother in law has a federal record from 20 years ago. She never served any jail time and had 5 years probation and 1 year house arrest. She completed all her legal requirements on time. Since then she's never been in trouble. So, my question is, will that be a concern with the background check with it being 20 years ago?
2. My father in law was involuntarily arrested due to his mental health with the MHMRA about 2-3 years ago. This was before getting properly treated for his PTSD. I just wanted to be sure with his good behavior and letters and physical and all, that won't be an issue. We want to have our ducks in a row before everything. We have been denied with our application directly with CPS 2 years ago while he was in treatment, but my fear is that we will be again.
3. Also we have pets. My SO and I have 3 dogs, a bird and 2 pot-belly pigs. My inlaws also have their 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 ferrets. so we have 3 caged animals and 5 dogs and 2 cats who primarily like hiding from everyone. The pigs have their own enclosure in the yard, the yard is fairly large with beautiful trees.
Our house is about 2700 sq ft, 2 stories, and 5 bedrooms. We live in Texas, has anyone had any similar experiences like ours? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!