Advertisements
Advertisements
Our FS is almost 6 months old, and we've had him since he came home from the hospital. He's a NAS baby, mom split within days of his birth and hasn't been reachable since. Likely moved out of state, and left no address. Grandmother and aunts not returning calls/letters, no dad is listed on the BC and none of the men who are suspected to be the father have been found...basically, no one wants this wonderful child except for us.
We live in Ohio. Franklin County.
We don't get many updates from our case worker, and actually our most recent case worker quit, so we have even less information than we did before.
Motions for custody keep having to be refiled because no one can find the parent(s) to serve them.
How long can this go on? This is clearly a case of abandonment, and there has to be a way to terminate parental rights in absentia in these types of more extreme situations.
Each case is different, I know that, but I'm hoping someone else has gone through this and can reassure me that there is light at the end of the tunnel, even if it's in the very distant future. Most of the time, it feels like we are going nowhere.
This is our first placement, so we have no idea what to even expect in regards to most steps of the process, and our agency and county workers have been less than forthcoming with details.