Advertisements
Advertisements
Much to my surprise my adult daughter decided to send in her DNA to Ancestry.com (the largest DNA database). Low and behold a perfect DNA match came back. After years of searching (I'm 67) we found my birth mother. Of course the DNA match only happened because the wife of my half-brother decided to send DNA from every family member into Ancestry.com too. Anyway, after additional confirmation, comparing documents, and stories there was no chance of a mistake, we found my birth family.
The only disappointmentwas my birth mother had died in Jan. 1991 of Breast Cancer.
What I learned was my birth mother at approx. 20 years old had an argument with her parents and ran off to California where she got pregnant from a 'one night stand'. Faced with a child on the way she returned to Illinois and with the help of some family members she concealed her pregnancy until she gave birth to me. Then, through a private adoption she gave me up for adoption. My birth mother then got married and gave birth to my half-sister and half-brother too.
I've been asked if I'm angry with my birth mother. HECK NO, I just wish I could have met her and thanked her for giving me life.