Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey all,
I am preparing my home for a foster care home study and my situation is a bit unique. I share a home with a lovely couple. They are upstairs and I am downstairs. Our apartments are separate (so they aren't able to get into my apartment and vice versa). All of us have a love for gardening and so we share the yard and patio space and even extra veggies between us. This would actually be quite lovely for a child to be around (fresh strawberries in the morning!) However, in addition to growing veggies, my neighbors grow marijuana. I do not smoke anything so that is a non-factor, but I am trying to prepare myself for the home study and the reaction from having marijuana plants growing in the backyard. I am trying to not infringe on my neighbors and require them to throw out the plant or anything, so I was wondering if any of you had experience with this. Of note, my neighbors are following all CA and local laws regarding their marijuana plant so it is completely legal, but I can see it being an issue for a foster child.
Thanks for any help! :)
You could consider is talking to your neighbors about your situation and expressing your concerns. While you don't want to infringe on their rights, it's important to make sure that you're creating a safe and healthy environment for any foster children in your care
Advertisements
I know this thread is a bit old, but I wanted to chime in. It sounds like you're in a unique situation, but it's great that you're thinking ahead for the foster care home study. It's important to be transparent about the marijuana plants in your shared space with the investigators. It might be helpful to have a conversation with your neighbors about how to safely and responsibly manage the plants during the home study period, such as moving them out of sight or temporarily removing them. The most important thing is to prioritize the safety and well-being of the child in your care. Also, check out the article at https://www.mindbodygreen.com/articles/heres-what-makes-this-200-year-old-heirloom-best-cbd-for-relief for more info and tips about CBD.
Last update on April 20, 3:45 am by Jack Hoch.