Advertisements
Advertisements
I am searching for my half brother that I think was born in Richmond, VA I think he was born between June 1969 and June 1970. His mother (my mother) was 15 when he was born. My mother passed away without telling me this but left me information after her death that it haunted her all her life. I would love to connect with this person. Not sure where to start searching.
1 Liked
 likes this.
I am in search of my birth mother and/or father. I was born in Richmond, Va - July 1970. From what I was told, my birth mother was young.
I am searching for my half brother that I think was born in Richmond, VA I think he was born between June 1969 and June 1970. His mother (my mother) was 15 when he was born. My mother passed away without telling me this but left me information after her death that it haunted her all her life. I would love to connect with this person. Not sure where to start searching.
Advertisements
I have no information - Back in 1991 I went to the Department of Vital Statistics, they told me that the information was sealed. I would need a court order to break the seal to find out.
I've taken the AncestoryDNA as far as that goes, it comes up with strong 2nd cousins... I haven't made any contact with anyone there as of yet.
Do you know any information? Have you contacted social services to get information on your birth family?
I have contacted social services and was told my brother reached out to them and i was told the year he did. So i can assume you aren’t my brother. I did the ancestry dna test with no match for a brother. I have learned a lot about dna in the process though. There are lots of Facebook pages for adoptee and “search angels” on there that will help you figure out your birth family from dna results. 2nd cousin is a good strong match.
Excellent and thank you for the information. I wish you the best in your search! Hopefully I will find something concrete.
Thanks again!
I have contacted social services and was told my brother reached out to them and i was told the year he did. So i can assume you aren’t my brother. I did the ancestry dna test with no match for a brother. I have learned a lot about dna in the process though. There are lots of Facebook pages for adoptee and “search angels” on there that will help you figure out your birth family from dna results. 2nd cousin is a good strong match.
Advertisements
Hi Stephanie,
I was born in Richmond VA in May of 1970. My birth mother was not from there. It was through the Children's Home Society of VA. I did reach out to the state. I am on Facebook and live in New Mexico if you want to message me- I probably wont be on this website for a long time. -Charles Saunders