Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello! My name is Brett Furst and I am both an adoptee and an adoption therapist specializing in treating adoptees that suffer from substance use issues. I was wondering if you could help me with something:
I am currently seeking individuals to participate in a study exploring the role of the attachment to biological parents in severity of substance use in those that are adopted. This study is part of my Doctoral Dissertation which is a requirement for my Doctor of Psychology degree, Couple and Family Therapy at Alliant International University. If you know of any participants that are adopted and struggle (or have struggled) with substance use and may be right for this study and would be willing to participate, please contact me and I will give you a recruitment letter to give them, or you can send them my information directly. They do not need to have met or have a relationship with their biological parent(s) in order to participate. If you also know of any therapists that have clients that would be willing to participate, please pass this along as well. The process consists of completing one demographic form, and two questionnaires, which should take no more than a total of 25 minutes. Please note that participation in the study is voluntary, and that there is no compensation for participation. If the party you refer chooses to be a participant in the study, their participation and identity will be anonymous. Please contact me by email or through direct messaging on Facebook (at the contact information listed below) for further information if you know of a party that may be interested in participating. If they are willing to take the survey right away, here is the link:
Brett Furst, M.A., LMFT #108254
Email: Bfurst@alliant.edu