Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a question and need advice on how to handle this.
We adopted our daughter in 2016 from foster care. We have had her since birth and the birth mother got only minimal supervised visits one hour a week until parental rights were terminated. Bad situation, birth parents blamed everyone except themselves and were very angry with us for adopting their child (even though they lost parental rights due to refusing to work their case plan.) They have not seen her nor seen us in years.
Recently I looked at the birth mom's facebook page. I noticed she has a picture of our daughter as her cover photo with the caption "My baby ❤." Problem is I don't know how she got the picture as it was a private picture I took at our daughter's birthday party. I did post it to facebook but my account is set to private so the only people who can see my posts are friends. I only add people I personally know. I am guessing we must have a mutual friend who gave her the picture. Also I purposely don't ever post my children's pictures as a profile or cover photo because I don't want strangers having access to pictures of my children. Now my child's picture is out there as someone's cover photo without my permission. I am debating what to do. Yes I posted it to facebook but with privacy settings for a reason. I could report it to facebook as a violation or let it go.
What would you do? Am I over reacting?
Yes you’re over reacting she’s the birth mum and will always see her as her daughter no matter what and if you’ve put it on Facebook then it’s already public you’re just reacting to the reality which is she’s not your biological daughter she is another women’s daughter.
Advertisements