Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello, I am a new Foster Care Recruiter for an Ohio agency that would like any/all feedback on your choice to become a foster parent. What motivated you to make the decision to become such a saving grace in a child's life? I want to do my job well, and connect our children with the best parent(s) possible, so if anyone has any advice on what to look for in a parent/couple or what type of people to invite into the process of fostering, I would greatly appreciate it! Our agency works with level 3 & 4 children, which can be incredibly challenging at times behaviorally and therapeutically. So I'm originally thinking that patience, persistence, and having an open mind are crucial characteristics that I would be looking for within my parent(s). But what else is important? What am I overlooking? What caused you to buy into this idea, despite any challenges that presented themselves? Again, my goal is to do my very best to leave no child behind. Any advice would be incredibly helpful. Thank you!