Advertisements
Advertisements
I am fostering a group of kids who are undocumented in the US, and I am considering ending my tenure as a foster parent. Basically, bio mom sought asylum, and went on a crime spree with her kids in tow after fleeing. She has completed her court requirements, but is still at risk for deportation due to the criminal charges she faces. I have never held a strong opinion about immigration until now. If a person gets deported, why aren’t their children deported with them? If the mom has completed her requirements for the child endangerment case, why are these kids still in care? Does the state have a money tree to shake to pay for physical and mental health services that these children would not receive otherwise? The mom, dad and children were all born in the same country. The children barely understand English, which is okay, because we speak their language. It seems like our household will never be the same. We planned to foster until we adopt, but I don’t think this aligns with our vision.