Advertisements
Advertisements
My ex husband and I have one child together. She is nearing 7. My husband has been her parent for 2+ years. Bio dad has not had any physical visitation since 03/03/2018 (simply because he doesn't visit). In 2018 he got a DUI and I filed to modify the order to visitation at my discretion until her attended 12 months of AA (of which he's never provided me proof of). So visitation has remained at my discretion. He calls sporadically but is inconsistent. He pays support but is behind due to an approved mod to the amount. My husband would like to adopt my daughter but the bio dad will not consent. Would it be a waste of our time and money to even try?
Yes, step-parent adoption is possible in many jurisdictions. It typically involves legal steps to establish the new parental rights of the step-parent, ensuring they have legal authority and responsibility over the child. Requirements and procedures may vary depending on the location and circumstances involved.
Advertisements
The adoptive person can be the stepfather, stepmother, aunt, uncle, biological uncle of the adopted person; Vietnamese citizens permanently residing in the country; foreigners permanently residing in Vietnam; Vietnamese citizens residing abroad; foreigners permanently residing abroad.