Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello!
First of all I'd like to apologize if my question sounds ill intended or stupid, I don't seem to be able to find any information in the subject and I'd really love to inform myself. Is it possible to adopt a former child soldier?
I'm currently still studying, so this is a doubt for the very long-run. I've always wanted to adopt a child, more than having one of my own even when I thought I could actually be able to do so —and I find the particular stories of this childs specially unfortunate. They soften my heart and I wish I could give one of them —at least— the future they deserve and they quite won't get in their current conditions. I know it's not an easy task to take care of a kid with this kind of trauma, but I have plenty of time to prepare myself to be the best match possible. The thing is that I haven't been able to find any websites that talk straight about the matter or offer adoption to this particular group of kids. Does anyone know if it is possible or/and how to make it? Also, any reading I should be doing about the matter?
Thanks in advance :)
Last update on February 8, 10:18 am by Louise Cypher.