Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
This is my first time posting. I'm searching on behalf of my mother, who was born in Pescara, Italy on 9/3/1959. I have social worker notes that identify her birth mother's name and family information. I don't know where or how to start and would appreciate advice or support. Thank you.
Hi Carolyn:
I found my first (birth) family and the search was a long process, as I was adopted in the Caribbean, born to a British father and American mother who returned to their countries.
Have you considered Ancestry and 23andMe DNA tests? These can link your mother to her birth family members if they had done the tests too.
I achieved first contact with my family through posting the information I had in a website called cousinsconnect.com. Three years later one of my half-siblings saw the post and sent me an email.
I hope this helps. I wish you luck.
Charisse
Hi,
This is my first time posting. I'm searching on behalf of my mother, who was born in Pescara, Italy on 9/3/1959. I have social worker notes that identify her birth mother's name and family information. I don't know where or how to start and would appreciate advice or support. Thank you.
Advertisements