Advertisements
Advertisements
I’ve had a foster baby in my care for 3 months so far. She was born prematurely and tested positive for meth. I picked her up from the hospital when she was 2 weeks old. I got into this for a family member and I thought it’d be easier and it’s becoming a headache. I’m not sure if I’m just not asking the right questions or if I really am not entitled to answers. The SW called me a few days ago and said Birth mom was doing very well and that they are looking into reunification. However, she also asked me if we will be willing to legally adopt the baby. I was confused. She said she was only asking because the question was never answered in the report or whatever. But I’m just starting to think that I don’t really get the whole story. They tell her everything about me and what’s going on in my house and day care and what not but I cannot know anything about her. Are they testing negative? If she’s doing well and they are considering reunification, why would they ask me if I would adopt? They are giving birth mom more and more advantages that I am not willing to accommodate. I need a sitter, the day care center isn’t a “right fit” so they requested my grandmother who lives 30ish miles away for a drop off at 8am and then back 40 miles to my destination. And birth mom will be there since that’s where she lives… or she’s supposed to but she hasn’t been. My grandmother recently broke her leg, she can’t bend down, she can’t run, she can barley drive, and her house is definitely not going to pass inspection. It just doesn’t sit right with me. And I was wondering if this sounds right and any advice I will very much appreciate.