Advertisements
Advertisements
Another of Drake’s lost conquests is the inspiration for ‘Marvin’s Room’, an eight-minute odyssey about drunk dialling that forms the centrepiece of ‘Take Care’. In it, Drake tanked up on “cups of the Rose”, starts calling old flames, girls who’ve long moved on to new partners. He claims he can’t help himself, “I don’t think I’m conscious of making monsters out of the women I sponsor until it all goes bad30” he ponders, while jabbing his thumb at his iPhone as he stumbles around in VIP bars. Is the drunk dialling still going on then? “Not drunk dialling so much. I’m more of a drunk texter. I write Peach Ciroc poems. When that Peach Ciroc comes into my head and starts hitting the bloodstream, the words start flowing to exes. Some nights I’ll be in the club and start thinking back – it gets emotional”.
In real life, they don’t always reply. In ‘Marvin’s Room’ the girl eventually picks up. “Are you drunk right now?” she whispers. Drake tries to persuade her to forget about her man and let him come over. He does so with the immortal line “I’m just saying, you could do better” It’s typical of what could generously be called altruistic arrogance.
At the moment he’s doing his best to reach out and do something nice, he belies his own high opinion of himself. “Take the security guard at The O2 last night”, he mentions in response to a question about whether he flaunts his fame. “I said bye to him as I was walking out of the door.
If you enjoy playing FC 24 and would like to purchase FC 24 Coins, please visit mmoexp
Another of Drake’s lost conquests is the inspiration for ‘Marvin’s Room’, an eight-minute odyssey about drunk dialling that forms the centrepiece of ‘Take Care’. In it, Drake tanked up on “cups of the Rose”, starts calling old flames, girls who’ve long moved on to new partners. He claims he can’t help himself, “I don’t think I’m conscious of making monsters out of the women I sponsor until it all goes bad30” he ponders, while jabbing his thumb at his iPhone as he stumbles around in VIP bars. Is the drunk dialling still going on then? “Not drunk dialling so much. I’m more of a drunk texter. I write Peach Ciroc poems. When that Peach Ciroc comes into my head and starts hitting the bloodstream, the words start flowing to exes. Some nights I’ll be in the club and start thinking back – it gets emotional”.
In real life, they don’t always reply. In ‘Marvin’s Room’ the girl eventually picks up. “Are you drunk right now?” she whispers. Drake tries to persuade her to forget about her man and let him come over. He does so with the immortal line “I’m just saying, you could do better” It’s typical of what could generously be called altruistic arrogance.
At the moment he’s doing his best to reach out and do something nice, he belies his own high opinion of himself. “Take the security guard at The O2 last night”, he mentions in response to a question about whether he flaunts his fame. “I said bye to him as I was walking out of the door.
If you enjoy playing FC 24 and would like to purchase FC 24 Coins, please visit mmoexp
I agree with you.
Advertisements