Advertisements
Advertisements
My name is Tabitha Woodward and I am looking for my half-sister. The only information is that she was born on February the 4th, 1980. It was sometime in the AM. Our mother's name is Jill Cook. Married name is Woodward. She was born in Evansville, Indiana at one of the hospitals there. I think it was Evansvill State Hospital, but I am not for sure. Our mother signed the adoption papers on February the 7th, 1980. The adoption agency was through Indianapolis, Indiana. The lady who processed the adoption is Mrs. Geegacks. I am not for sure if that is spelled correctly or not. Any information would be appreciated! Thanks so much.
As far as I know back in 1980 there were 3 hospitals in Evansville and the names are as follows>>> St. Mary's Hospital, Deaconess Hospital and Welborn Hospital. The state hospital in evansville is for mentally challenged folks. I have lived in evansville since about 17 years ago now and if you would liek for me to help I will try. Was the adoption sealed or was it an open adoption? Best of luck to you and Merry Christmas!!!!................Stephanie
Advertisements
First off, thanks so much for your help. I can use all I can get. I talked with Mom and she said that she thought it was St. Marys. It was the only hospital that sounded familiar. Also, there was the Evansville Home for Unwed Mothers. This home was run by a Mrs. Winters, who has passed away about 15 or more years ago. After she passed away, they turned the home into a salvation army. I have a lot of information, just not a lot of sense as to what to do with it. I am trying though. Any more information that you could help with would be great. Thank you, Tabitha
Got your reply and wanted to tell you that I only know of one unwed mothers home here in Evansville and it is ran through The Evansville Christian life Center I think. If it is not ran through them they can tell you who it is ran through because it is right there next to the Christian Life center. Anyways the phone # to CLC is (812) 423-9222 or (812)475-9546 Let me know what you find out or if you have any other info that I may be able to help you with then just reply to the forum or my e-mail kbearlove@hotmail.com Below is a list of organizations in Evansville that may be able to give you some info.
Life choice womans center.. (812) 428-3055
Pregnancy Center West... (812) 423-5133
Good luck and keep me informed.
Hi. My name is Krystal Rivers. I was born January 1,1980 somewhere in Indiana. I don't know if this birthday is correct, I have heard this can be falsified somewhat. I know the chance is remote but if you want to compare please pm.
I have lived in Evansville Indiana for 18 years and may be able to help you in your search. If you would like, you can post some information and I will help if that I can.
Advertisements
Tabitha_Woodwar
My name is Tabitha Woodward and I am looking for my half-sister. The only information is that she was born on February the 4th, 1980. It was sometime in the AM. Our mother's name is Jill Cook. Married name is Woodward. She was born in Evansville, Indiana at one of the hospitals there. I think it was Evansvill State Hospital, but I am not for sure. Our mother signed the adoption papers on February the 7th, 1980. The adoption agency was through Indianapolis, Indiana. The lady who processed the adoption is Mrs. Geegacks. I am not for sure if that is spelled correctly or not. Any information would be appreciated! Thanks so much.
[url=http://www.givingbirthtohope.org/St-Elizabeth-Coleman-Pregnancy-and-Adoption-Services]Trusted Indianapolis Adoption Agencies | Pregnancy & Adoption Support[/url]
The Christian Home in Evansville was active in the 60's. It was managed by Mrs Winters. (I think it was on Fulton Ave but the building has been torn down.) The home run by the Salvation Army was not there at that time. All of the girls who lived there delivered at St Mary's hospital and the original birth certificates would list the child by a given name and a surname of Christian. All of the adoptions at that time were closed. The son that I placed for adoption through there found me based on my postings here at adoption.com. Good luck in your search.