Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hello,
I have been looking into adoption in Brazil. It is not difficult as people make it out to be. I am American/Brazilian living my whole life in the states I was born here. I recently had my mother return from Brazil with all the information needed. You have to register with CEJA that would include your homestudy and INS paper. As soon as a child is avalible they will contact you. You do need someone there who you can give power of Attorney to so they can keep onto of Ceja. after the child is located then you will need an attorney to help you finialize everything. This info came straight from Ceja. They say the wait can be anything can be a week a month a year all depending on what you are looking for. It is totally free to adopt in Brazil. I am going to begin my Homestudy late January and persuing the adoption on my own. The agencies charge so much money when it isnt even necessary. Anyone looking into adopting from Brazil contact CEJA you will the process is relativly easy just alot of paper work.
I would love to chat with people who have adopted and see how there process went or people in the process.
Good Luck to everyone
Natacha