Advertisements
Advertisements
Her 37th Christmas. This forum may be my last chance at locating her.
I was cared for by the Salvation Army Home & Hospital in Durham and gave birth at Duke Hospital.
She was adopted through the Childrens Home Society in Greensboro.
All papers or information I may have had was destroyed by relatives.
Hi. I was born in 1965 in NC.
I am female and I was born to a young mother. She may have been born in February of 1951. My birthfather was around 22 and helpful in the adoption process.
My birthdate has been listed as August on some papers and September on others. I'm not sure what month I was born but I know it was 65.
Does anything look familar to you?
I am happy to see you searching for your daughter and I wish you the best of luck. I may not be your daughter due to the month but I'm sure she thinks of you as I do my own mother.
At 37 we don't need another mom but we sure wouldn't mind having someone else to care about and to know more about who we are.
Merry Christmas
Advertisements
Rhonda, thank you for your reply and words of encouragement. My birth year is 1947. A little older then your BM but still young.
I do not think I can add anything to your search. Wishing you the best. The year 2003 may turn out to be Our Year!!
BBG, I live in NC and the CHSNC is very helpful. They have a post adoption department. They will give you any and all documents that you are entitled to as the bm. I believe they will do everything they can for you. They accept letters to birth children and place them in your file in the event the laws in NC ever change, they will release the letter to the child if the laws change where they can do so. Right now they cannot. They have a 1-800 no. and I strongly urge you to contact them. Ask for Edith Votta.
BBG, please click on the profile button under my post and then email me. I'd like to help you if I can. I cannot email you.
Nancy, thank you for your response and help. I did call the 1-800 # but the office has been closed since Monday and will reopen Dec 30. I will call again then.
Will post the information and help I receive.
Mean while, I am reading a lot of forums, especially the reunion ones. There are a lot of mixed emotions and I just hope that I am up to this. One post is extremely happy and the next could be a real downer. No, I am not looking for "Happy Ever After" and I certainly do not want to blow someones world apart. Is this making sense? Sounds like rambling to me.
Think I have a ways to go yet.
Thanks again for your advise.
Advertisements
My birthmother and I agree things would be a lot better in NC if we had confidential intermediaries as they do in other states. I think this is something to strongly consider. Even though we don't have confidential intermediaries in a legal sense in NC, you need to start looking for someone that you feel could do this for you and your bd. It would have made things a lot easier in my situation. I'm not saying it wasn't worth it or that both sides aren't happy and thankful; there are just so many emotions and issues to work through, and someone skilled in diplomacy, communication and well versed in adoption issues could really be an asset to both sides. I had 2 1/2 yrs. to prepare for reunion as I was searhing-- my birthmother didn't hav that advantage, and she was rather blindsided. Plus, like you said, you never know exactly what you will find. I am not sure if anyone at the CHS can legally do this. You'll have to find someone else.
I am a reunited Bmom in Alabama. I am helping my son-in-law search for his 2 siblings that were also given up. We don't have dobs but we think one was younger and the other one was older. His dob is 1/13/65. He was also born at Duke Hosp. His Bmom was at the salvation army home. Her name is Laura Alieen Donally Enscore now living in Winston-Salem. She married the Bdad and had 5 more children. His name was William Glenn Enscore now dead.
We know one of the sibs found her and was rejected.
All I know to do is just keep telling the story.
Thanks Cathy
I was in touch with the CHSNC this week and was given instructions on how to obtain information about the first year of my BD. They will also give me copies of anything I was given at the time I signed the adoption papers. The person I talked with was friendly and helpful. Will post again.
Advertisements
Good Evening,
Your posting caught my attention, as I have just started my search for my birthmother. I was born April 27, 1965 in Charlotte North Carolina but am not sure of the hospital or adoption agency. I have obtained some information regarding my birth parents. At the time of my birth my mother was 25 and my father was 27. I wish I was able to obtain more information but North Carolina doesn't cooperate much with adoption searches. Thank you for your time!!
I have an adoptee, female, that was adopted in Greensboro. She states her DOB as 8/14/65. Don't know if you would consider this a possibility. Please respond.
I was adopted through the Childrens Home Society in Greensboro, but I don't know what hospital that I was born in. My bday is 4/27/1965. When I contacted the CHS they forwarded me little information, but one of the things was that my birth mother liked roller skating. Could this possibly be you?
I hope that you are still online, and can let me know one way or the other.
Kathy
bbg02
Her 37th Christmas. This forum may be my last chance at locating her.
I was cared for by the Salvation Army Home & Hospital in Durham and gave birth at Duke Hospital.
She was adopted through the Childrens Home Society in Greensboro.
All papers or information I may have had was destroyed by relatives.
They DO have Confidential intermediaries in NC. See the new law passed by NCCAR in January 2008.
GOV. EASLEY SIGNS BILL TO GIVE ADOPTEES EASIER ACCESS TO BIRTH INFORMATION
Raleigh - Gov. Mike Easley today announced he has signed into law House Bill 445, “An act to authorize child placement agencies to act as confidential intermediaries between adult adoptees, an adult lineal descendant of a deceased adoptee, and a biological parent.” This new law allows easier access to adoption information by adult adoptees or their adult descendants without a required court hearing.
“Many adoptees want to know where they came from and more about their family lineage,” Easley said. “These changes in the law will make access to that information, by those who need to have it, easier. Obtaining this information, such as medical histories, could have life-saving implications.”
Currently, adult adoptees and their birth parents are required to petition a judge, even if both parties consent to access to birth records and other adoption information. Provisions in the new law allow a child placement agency licensed by the state Department of Health and Human Services’ Division of Social Services, or a county social services department, to contact the birth parents of an adult adoptee and obtain contact preferences and medical information. Adoptees, who must be at least 21, or their adult descendants, will receive the information upon request for a copy of the adoptee’s birth certificate.
“I am pleased that adult adoptees and their birth parents will now be able to exchange information and, if they choose, contact each other without the courts playing a role,” said state Rep. Margaret Dickson (D-Cumberland), the bill’s primary sponsor.
Other co-sponsors were: Rep. Jim Crawford (D-Granville, Vance), Rep. Winkie Wilkins (D-Durham, Person) and Rep. Jean Farmer-Butterfield (D-Edgecombe, Wilson). The bill was carried in the Senate by Sen. Janet Cowell (D-Wake).
This act becomes effective January 1, 2008 and covers all requests received following that date. The legislation passed the House on a 115-0 vote, and passed the Senate 49-0.
In his budget, Easley has proposed a tax credit to help families afford the costs of adopting a child. The state tax credit, worth $5,150 annually, can be taken on expenses related to adopting a child.
Advertisements
The laws have changed in NC, there is now a Confidential Intermediary Program even through CHS.. However there is a long wait period