Advertisements
Advertisements
We're considering going with them and wonder if anyone has some info about them to share.
Thanks in advance.
Advertisements
Hi!
We are considering Amazing Grace also. We have not finalized our decision yet, but a VERY GOOD friend who adopted recommended them as someone to talk with. I will be following this thread to see if you get any responses.
Good luck,
Susan in NC
I've never heard of them, but if you are looking for a good agency in NC, then you should consider Carolina Adoption Services in Greensboro, NC or Mandala Adoption Services in Chapel Hill.
I used the first one for the adoption of my daughter, and I am currently using the second one for the adoption of my son.
They are both fantastic to work with.
Good luck
Renee, I believe both of those agencies are International only and at this time we are considering domestic.
Susan, do you live in Raleigh?
Hi
We live in the Hickory area (about 3 hours from Raleigh)!! I have met with Carolina Adoptions and I didn't like them. My husband and I met with them about 18 months ago. It has taken us that long to get over what they told us (we are just now starting again). We are homestudy approved, just have to find the right agency. When we met with Carolina Adoptions we felt like we were "buying a child". We do NOT want to do that. We want to adopt a child because of the love and attention we can provide AND that the child needs a home. We do not want to get into the game of "who has the most money they are willing to part wtih". We are now working with DSS in hopes of adopting.
Before bashing begins, this is MY OPINION of an encounter with Carolina Adoptions. I know lots of people that used them and are very happy -- they just weren't a good fit for us.! FYI, money is NOT an issue for us.
Good luck,
Advertisements
Susan, I'm sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience. By "Carolina Adoptions" do you mean "Carolina Adoption Services?" Some of the names are so similar! Who is DSS?
We are still struggling with finding the right agency. We adopted our son two years ago and used a facilitator in CA. I guess we learned through experience because I didn't realize at the time that we were signing up for an independent adoption. I don't recommend that route even though our adoption worked out perfectly. I feel that a birthmom gets the counseling she needs in an agency situation and that isn't always the case in an independent adoption. So this time around we want to go through an agency. In North Carolina, if possible. I was looking at Amazing Grace's information package today and saw that they want you to include both of your personal testimonies! That's pretty intense. It's not enough for you to sign a statement of faith and be attending church-- they want to delve into your spiritual life. I don't know how to take that, really. My husband and I have gone through some intense spiritual stuff, and are basically at this point baby Christians. I don't know if that's ok with them or not. I think I'm going to just ask them straight out. I called today but they haven't returned my phone call yet.
Christian Adoption Services is a great agency. They did our homestudy the first time. You might look at them if you haven't already.
We're considering going with them and wonder if anyone has some info about them to share.
Thanks in advance.
Amazing Grace Adoptions is a fantastic choice. They are so helpful when it comes to serving birth mothers and adoptive families. They care about their mission and they serve without hesitation. Amazing Grace is like a second family to those they serve!!