Advertisements
Advertisements
Thanks DY, that was a nice reply. I think the point is to simply remember who is reading what you write. If this were an adoptee only site, there would be more leeway. But, when dear and sweet loving birthmothers are grieving a recent, or not so recent relinquishment; have to read a post that slams them for having "abandoned" their babies, well, there has to be a better way to heal than to destroy someone who is already vulnerable. That is why I suggested private messaging. Only for the times you KNOW someone will be terribly hurt. I am not hurt by what you said, but I hurt for the others that will be.
I understand the feeling that SHOCK value will get attention. But it is possible without being hurtful. This is a painful time for many. And this is a place for "support" So..........I suppose that is all I can say. Your healing will happen, and so will your children's. How quickly will depend on the methods you use. The best thing is to be loving and respectful. It gives you a since of calm that allows the actual "truth" to emerge. There is more to "truth" than a bunch of facts. Love, Debi