Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm not sure if it is true in all states, but Maryland no longer accepts voluntary placement in foster or respite care for children when a family is in crisis ... they are forced to keep the child at home even if they are unable to care for him/her or "place" their child with social services, charged legally with neglect or abandonment depending on the circumstances and the child is processed for Permanency Placement ... often referred to as adoption ... with family reunification in between. Having experienced the need for services and narrowly avoiding legal charges, I can only state the unfairness of this ... Social Services should be there to help not to put a family further into crisis ... this may be where "placing" a child is coming from ....
Just another insight - hope it helps clear some things up.
VERY rare that a mentaly ill child has wonderful parents
I am totally offended by this statement. It is rude, judgmental and totally without merit.
I’d love to see the statistical research you used to come to that conclusion, can you please share the research statistics and source?
Is it also your opinion that those who have mental illness are not capable of parenting? Did you know that depression is considered mental illness? Did you know that many adoptive parents have suffered depression as a result of infertility, thus resulting in them being considered ‘mentally ill’ by mental health standards? So, in your hard and fast rule that mentally ill children = bad parents, is it also your opinion that adoptive parents who have been depressed (and thus, mentally ill) should be prohibited from adopting/becoming parents?
Just wondering if you considered how far reaching your very judgmental and rude comment went….
Advertisements
Unfortunately the state and gov gives DSS/DFCS/CPS too much power. It's one thing to "save" a child from abuse. But to snatch the child away and put it into foster care because the parents refuse "services" that CPS THINKS they need .(parenting class when it was never needed,etc.. drug tests when they never do drugs,etc.)
All because someone who know very little about them has different views on raising a child and thinks they do not deserve that child,they go and make up some allegation that might have something to with something that actually happened (or may have never happened) that makes it look like they are abusive.
The CPS/social worker comes into the home asking many invasive questions. THEY (or their supervisor) determines whether the child is "at risk" based on speaknig with the parents and how the home looks as well as the allegation. If the social worker feels mom is mentally ill just because she makes the mistake of rambling on& on about about how she would never hurt a child(trying to prove her innocence) ,and it is full grown people who make her upset (adults are not loving innocent people unlike innocent children who just don't know any better) the social may think ok she might have a mental issue,lets take away the kids and make her take parenting class and get a mental health evaluation. 6months later because they cannot afford to pay for these services without saving up for them first, (and because these services are often very booked ) they finally get the kids back. One or all the kids may be behind in school from the trauma of being removed and have other emotional problems. Mom and dad may never trust anyone(not even friends or family) and the system for failing them. After all is said and done they PASS the evaluations and tests,etc.. (and still with no proof from the allegations ever given or a chance to prove their innocence) instead of clearing the parents name,they are in some gov file at the dfcs office, with the closed case paper work stating " Abuse Risk lowered enough for children to be returned home"
And how is that parent ever going to become a foster mother herself? What if she wants to run a daycare? She has this File on her that my prevent these things because of an investigation that turned into a case from a case worker investigator who thought there was a risk,when there never was,all because a phone call by some one who they will never reveal the name,someone who gave that family hell for half a year by what they did.
Some parents who are innocent and done nothing wrong will fight CPS and go to court,spending tens of thousands, or even as high as hundreds of thousands of dollars just to clear there name ,because they afford it and chose not be subjected to taking these evaluations and 'service" as being treated like criminals and some still lose their kids due to getting their perental rights removed for simply "not cooperating"
It is their RIGHT to fight in court and not cooperate if they are innocent and want to prove themselves through the COURTS and NOT through DFCS's ways of doing things,yet the gov gives DFCS so much power that unless you have enough money, you may never win against them no matter how innocent you are. Just because CPS works with law enforcement doesn't make them the law,unfortunately it does ,they need to be stopped or at least reformed. Too many peopel refuse to acknowledge this , and others are to afraid to speak out,in fear of retaliation.
So with that said, I feel terribly sorry for all those children who get adopted to parents who think they are saving them from homes that are not as nice as their own. Society is brainwashed to think CPS are heros and all the kids come from broken/unstable families.
I am especially saddend to know that you can lose your child simply because you don't have a physical address (even if your living in a hotel or with friends until you can get back on your feet) ,or to know that they take newborns from parents who have previously had kids taken way ONLY based on history. There are NEWS storys on these ,and I can provide links to anyone who is interested. Adoptive parents and foster parents are not immune either. It is a corrupt system,it is all about who you know, and how much $ you have. If your lawyer is friends with the dfcs lawyer don't count on him helping you either, he will only take your money.
*EDITED TO FIX TYPOS*
I never new this was even an options in the first place.But I guess a lot of services will go away,Since our countries in dept anyways.I defently hope nobody in my family would do this,When they have family to help them out.
carlismycoolcat
Unfortunately the state and gov gives DSS/DFCS/CPS too much power. It's one thing to "save" a child from abuse. But to snatch the child away and put it into foster care because the parents refuse "services" that CPS THINKS they need .(parenting class when it was never needed,etc.. drug tests when they never do drugs,etc.)
All because someone who know very little about them has different views on raising a child and thinks they do not deserve that child,they go and make up some allegation that might have something to with something that actually happened (or may have never happened) that makes it look like they are abusive.
The CPS/social worker comes into the home asking many invasive questions. THEY (or their supervisor) determines whether the child is "at risk" based on speaknig with the parents and how the home looks as well as the allegation. If the social worker feels mom is mentally ill just because she makes the mistake of rambling on& on about about how she would never hurt a child(trying to prove her innocence) ,and it is full grown people who make her upset (adults are not loving innocent people unlike innocent children who just don't know any better) the social may think ok she might have a mental issue,lets take away the kids and make her take parenting class and get a mental health evaluation. 6months later because they cannot afford to pay for these services without saving up for them first, (and because these services are often very booked ) they finally get the kids back. One or all the kids may be behind in school from the trauma of being removed and have other emotional problems. Mom and dad may never trust anyone(not even friends or family) and the system for failing them. After all is said and done they PASS the evaluations and tests,etc.. (and still with no proof from the allegations ever given or a chance to prove their innocence) instead of clearing the parents name,they are in some gov file at the dfcs office, with the closed case paper work stating " Abuse Risk lowered enough for children to be returned home"
And how is that parent ever going to become a foster mother herself? What if she wants to run a daycare? She has this File on her that my prevent these things because of an investigation that turned into a case from a case worker investigator who thought there was a risk,when there never was,all because a phone call by some one who they will never reveal the name,someone who gave that family hell for half a year by what they did.
Some parents who are innocent and done nothing wrong will fight CPS and go to court,spending tens of thousands, or even as high as hundreds of thousands of dollars just to clear there name ,because they afford it and chose not be subjected to taking these evaluations and 'service" as being treated like criminals and some still lose their kids due to getting their perental rights removed for simply "not cooperating"
It is their RIGHT to fight in court and not cooperate if they are innocent and want to prove themselves through the COURTS and NOT through DFCS's ways of doing things,yet the gov gives DFCS so much power that unless you have enough money, you may never win against them no matter how innocent you are. Just because CPS works with law enforcement doesn't make them the law,unfortunately it does ,they need to be stopped or at least reformed. Too many peopel refuse to acknowledge this , and others are to afraid to speak out,in fear of retaliation.
So with that said, I feel terribly sorry for all those children who get adopted to parents who think they are saving them from homes that are not as nice as their own. Society is brainwashed to think CPS are heros and all the kids come from broken/unstable families.
I am especially saddend to know that you can lose your child simply because you don't have a physical address (even if your living in a hotel or with friends until you can get back on your feet) ,or to know that they take newborns from parents who have previously had kids taken way ONLY based on history. There are NEWS storys on these ,and I can provide links to anyone who is interested. Adoptive parents and foster parents are not immune either. It is a corrupt system,it is all about who you know, and how much $ you have. If your lawyer is friends with the dfcs lawyer don't count on him helping you either, he will only take your money.
*EDITED TO FIX TYPOS*
Where I live a child doesn't get took away even if abuse is founded over and over.Also I think if the family has a history with CPS they should diffently be checked out befor they take their babies home from the hospital.
So if my family has a history simply because of a false allegation , they won't know it ,because it is never founded, or unfounded . and my name remains in their system (I don't even know how long a parent's name is kept in dfcs files). So if I gave birth to another baby they should just take it away because of a past allegation they don't even know is true,because I was never allowed the chance to prove them wrong,and they never proved me wrong....that is unfair and SO unjust .
To say to have them be "checked out" ..Anybody they "check out" with any kind of history,they will create any excuse to validate themselves, (even history being their validation) to take that baby and put it up for adoption.
Also, I wrote my post before I found this thread right here on this forum:
(gotta go get it and come back to edit in order to put the link here...)
Advertisements
If the allegation are found false it will be in the record down here.I would have a problem knowing a child leave a hospital when there a history of abuse or neglect and I think it should be checked out before the baby leaves with the family.
yes cps is horrible.i was in foster care and because of how bad i treated them they didnt like me.they put me on medications and put me in psych wards.i got pregnant at age 17 in foster care.no one wanted me only nmy baby.so she got taken 4rm da hospital.i fought to get her back for a whole year because that was the right thing to do sine no one came for my brothers and i.i got rape aat age 18 had a boy.happiest day of my life.i could raise a baby now cause im out of foster care.but i still had an open case for my other child.no drugs ,no abuse,no neglect.my son went to foster care for a month ,now he';s with my godmom until i can get myself together.she's going to adopt him.i really love my kids.cps wants me 2 b miserable because i made them miserable. do wat's right for your kids............
OMG that is whati am going throeugh with my children right now. I havent been able to come up with what they want me to do so they have just told me that now my children are being placed for adoption in Aug. All because i cant find a job in this messed up economy. I made some mistakes and now im not going to be able to get them back. I wasnt on drugs or had them out in the street and they were not abused.I lost my housing and was living with my family and it wasnt up to their standerds. I had nowhere else to go so they snatched from my grandmother while i was trying to find a job said i needed to be there to watch them! My kids are everything to me and they though i was in need of councling when they first took them , Now im going to need some med ication
[The problem with the whole DCF and adoption systems and why there is too much adoption is because the truth is, social workers in DCF mentally abuse biological parents. Biological parents are told they are terrible parents because they have to work. The DCF contradicts the welfare reform system, that is why foster strangers should not be receiving checks either, it is time that foster strangers work work work and be shut off any state, and/or government checks as well. There is too much human suffering, that being, biological parents are suffering deeply while strangers have their kids, a stay at home pay. DCF is not a human service system. Please view links:
[url]http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/we-are-asking-for-victims-of-child-welfare-memorial-day/[/url]
[url=http://suncanaa.com/petition]Petition To: The White House and President Barack Obama[/url]
[url]https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-abusing-mentally-emotionally-and-financially-biological-parents-and-stop-selling-children/klnY2G5Q?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl][/url]
I'm not sure if it is true in all states, but Maryland no longer accepts voluntary placement in foster or respite care for children when a family is in crisis ... they are forced to keep the child at home even if they are unable to care for him/her or "place" their child with social services, charged legally with neglect or abandonment depending on the circumstances and the child is processed for Permanency Placement ... often referred to as adoption ... with family reunification in between. Having experienced the need for services and narrowly avoiding legal charges, I can only state the unfairness of this ... Social Services should be there to help not to put a family further into crisis ... this may be where "placing" a child is coming from ....
Just another insight - hope it helps clear some things up.[/QUOTE]
Advertisements
[Shalander, The problem with the whole DCF and adoption systems and why there is too much adoption is because the truth is, social workers in DCF mentally abuse biological parents. Biological parents are told they are terrible parents because they have to work. The DCF contradicts the welfare reform system, that is why foster strangers should not be receiving checks either, it is time that foster strangers work work work and be shut off any state, and/or government checks as well. There is too much human suffering, that being, biological parents are suffering deeply while strangers have their kids, a stay at home pay. DCF is not a human service system. Please view links:
[url]http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/we-...-memorial-day/[/url]
Petition To: The White House and President Barack Obama
[url]https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...aign=shorturl[/url]
I am sorry to tell you but those strangers are getting paid to stay home; try becoming one of those foster strangers to get your sign on bonus and stay at home mom paycheck; DCF puts ads in the local papers under job search as well as Craigslist. I am against this because kids should not be strangers paychecks and social workers bonuses for selling kids and mentally abusing biological parents.]
]
OMG that is whati am going throeugh with my children right now. I havent been able to come up with what they want me to do so they have just told me that now my children are being placed for adoption in Aug. All because i cant find a job in this messed up economy. I made some mistakes and now im not going to be able to get them back. I wasnt on drugs or had them out in the street and they were not abused.I lost my housing and was living with my family and it wasnt up to their standerds. I had nowhere else to go so they snatched from my grandmother while i was trying to find a job said i needed to be there to watch them! My kids are everything to me and they though i was in need of councling when they first took them , Now im going to need some med ication[/QUOTE]
My oldest fd is from MD. The safe haven laws only apply to newborns under 10 days old...so she gets to live with me for the next 4 years. You can sign custody of your child over to someone else and not go to jail for neglect or abandonment.
Our first foster placement was a almost 5 year old that the bio mom voluntarily placed in foster care. Just for the weekends. It was a strange situation and I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a crisis. The state didn't require anything of her and she got free babysitting.
We're in a small town- maybe that's the difference.
Our first foster placement was a almost 5 year old that the bio mom voluntarily placed in foster care. Just for the weekends. It was a strange situation and I'm pretty sure that it wasn't a crisis. The state didn't require anything of her and she got free babysitting.
Advertisements
missypea
Yes I cant understand why a parent would think this is okay.
Greetings,
I hope you'll allow me to jump in to the conversation! So many people don't even know this problem exists. We have a very sick mental health system that demands that families be torn apart in order that a child might receive necessary services. It's horrible, and it's long overdue for a change. I personally know two families that have experienced this, and it keeps continuing to happen.
Thanks for letting me chime in :thanks:
Best,
Heather