Advertisements
Advertisements
i can not believe my son. he is 2 years and 5 months old and has been in his new class room since he turned two. his teacher is wonderful and all the kids really like her, but i think my son has a serious crush on her. he talks about her all the time at home and last week he started this very odd behavior. when i drop him off in the morning he runs up to her and starts running and sliding on the ground and acting all goofy (kind of the same way grade shcool boys act when they have a crush on a classmate). the other teahcers even comment that after she leaves in the afternoon, he stops doing all that goofy stuff. it is so funny, this morning he would not even say good bye to me, so i said "you are too busy flirting with Ms. tracey, to say bye" she just laughed and he went right on "flirting" i am starting to get scared of the teenage years, he already has a tendancy to "flirt" with my teenage cousins i think i will have to keep him locked up til he's 40!!
Hee!!! That's so funny!
My 17-month-old winks back at us (by blinking both eyes slowly & deliberately) when we wink at her and a while ago she met a friend of mine that I had a crush on before I was married. She was in this man's presence for all of 3 minutes before she started "winking" at him without any prodding. I said, "Don't go there, sweetie, he's nothing but trouble!".
Scary, isn't it?
Advertisements
i wish could get this on tape also, i am really trying to come up with a way for him to be able to see his first crush in action. it is amazing how young kids learn the art of flirting.
My 2 year old son Louis (born april 02 2001) has a crush on every attractive lady he sees, while walking through the street in our town all we hear is just Hi u look pwitty in the cutest little voice ever and Lou walking with a huge grin on his face, usually its pretty women but he does seem to look at attractive legs a lot with the same grin and a few times ive seen him looking at the chest area. some kids eh. We took him in marks n spencers about a month ago and he wandered off in the lingerie section and came back with a very lacy thong and bra set. i had to laugh he was soo cute with the big grin on his face.
He does his woman flirting a lot in the queue in supermarkets cos theres some very generous ppl here who buy him sweeties about 5 times in 10 he gets bought some so hes learning fast, can imagine him as a teen hes gonna be a real ladykiller hes soo cute :D
To bring this back to the cute things kids say.....
Our neighbour's kid is 4 and they just got back from meeting the dad's cousin and his wife for the first time. they have 2 kids, Bill and Becky. When I was talking to the 4 year old, I asked him what he thought of his cousins that he had just met. Well his response had me rolling on the floor, especially since he was sooo serious when he said it.....
" I didn't really like Paul and Bill, but Becky and Amy were okay. I guess I was born for lovin' the girls."
I couldn't look at him for the rest of the day without disolving into giggles.
Advertisements
did i miss something, what is the problem with my son having a crush. it is not like there is a thought that it is logical or something to be acted on???? he just really likes his teacher (it could have been a man or a woman) kids get crushes all the time, it doesn't mean they are sexual feelings. lighten up.
stacyone, that was one of the funniest things i have heard!! i can't wait to see how echoes replys
I don't see what the problem is with Mckenna's story about her son having a crush on his teacher. I was always boy crazy and even had crushes on teachers when I was young..That didn't mean anything sexual because I had crushes. That just makes me sad that someone can't post a story about their son or kids without someone taking it the wrong way!!!:rolleyes: And my daughter is 14 months old and she flirts with Men all the time..It doesn't matter what they look like!!! She just likes men!! Does that make her sexual?? NOT!!!!! I don't think so!!!
Just my 2 cents!!!
Cathy
I think it's important to remember that survivors of child sexual abuse often have red flags raised when other people see innocent fun.
It's understandable, really, that when one's boundaries have been so horribly violated as a child, one wouldn't understand the difference between a discussion of children "flirting" and something more ominous. It is also true that pedophiles find innocent behavior as provocative -- that's the nature of their perversion.
I didn't read Anna's post that she deleted but she has spoken movingly of her own history. In knowing and listening to other survivors, I know that her discomfort with such language is not uncommon. While I think the discussion here has been absolutely innocent and should be taken as such, I also understand why someone with a history of being molested would become very worried about such discussion.
As a survivor of child sexual abuse, I get red flags when other people don't (don't even get me STARTED on Michael Jackson) but I've also seen enough innocent childhood flirting to know that that's not always what it's about. Now, if the adults were reciprocating and spending "alone time" with the kids, I'd be creeped out.
BTW, Spaypets, please see my new thread under 'Community Center' -- I'd appreciate your input.
Advertisements
Let's get back to the lightheartedness this thread was intended for. I think by saying this thread is sexual is a huge insult to the parents of these children, they're all just cute stories.
Stacy
I did delete what I said because everyone is right there is a big difference between cute and innocent fun and the way our children respond to people they like.
When I originally made my post I only was wanting to point out that some of this kind of talk bothers me and I like to keep children as children as long as I can......... I just don't think of kids having crushes---or flirting---to me these are adult behaviors. I think of kids showing off or wanting attention of special adults as very cute and very innocent. When i see my son 'act' this way or my daughter dancing around the room it just never crosses my mind that this is 'flirting' I just see it as showing off and attention getting which is a very cute thing most of the time.
I do still say however to Iain-Armitage: I think it is not a good idea to teach our kids to accept sweets from any strangers because candy is bait and the oldest trick in the book...... When my kids are offered sweets by a stanger I try to teach them to say, Thank you but no.....because when they are walking home from school in third grade I want them to automatically respond with, "Thank you, but no."
sorry I'm so long in responding....
Stacy, I was rolling when I read your comment!!! That is the funniest thing I've heard in a while!! I'm bad with come backs and would never have thought it. I always come up with a come back hours later!
"I was born for lovin' the girls" might become my new mantra!!
I can't wait for Liam to start talking so I can start collecting stories from the mouth of my own babe.
Advertisements
Originally posted by HappyMomAnna
I do still say however to Iain-Armitage: I think it is not a good idea to teach our kids to accept sweets from any strangers because candy is bait and the oldest trick in the book...... When my kids are offered sweets by a stanger I try to teach them to say, Thank you but no.....because when they are walking home from school in third grade I want them to automatically respond with, "Thank you, but no."
I do often say its not neccasary but i also know my son well and he wont go off with anyone he dont know, he doestn even trust half of my family unless im there he aint shy just cautius.