Advertisements
Advertisements
Thesearchguru has posted the following regarding "non id" information.
***Non-identifying information for adoptees***
Information can be requested from the adoption file by contacting the adoption agency that handled the adoption. The non-identifying report for an adoptee will have most or all of the following about the birth family:
A. Ages of birth parents at the time of relinquishment
B. Marital status
C. Other siblings born before the adoptee
D. Physical description
E. Ethnicity
F. Occupation
G. Education
H. Information about aunts, uncles and grandparents
I. Reason for relinquishment
***Non-identifying information for birth parents***
The non-identifying information requested by a birth parent will have most or all of the following information about the adopting family:
A. Ages of adopting parents at the time of adoption
B. Other children, biological and adopted in the adoptive family
C. Physical description of the adoptive parents
D. Ethnicity of the adoptive parents
E. Occupations of the adoption parents
F. Education of the adoptive parents
G. The report will also give the exact date of birth of the relinquished child
Advertisements
I just completed a search in W.V. and the word is it takes a while to get this. Resourses are very low in the state. When I sent in for my husband's (Kanawah County Division of Welfare) and did not hear anything I gave them a call back. I very politely ask if there was anyway it could get expidited and within a few weeks I had it. What was in it? Pratically the whole file. From Petition to adopt, interviews, and hospital records. W.V. also has a mutual consent registry. Good luck!
Thanks for replying! We did get my husbands information. We got it within a month, but we are dealing with a child with a medical problem, which I explained to them. I think that they put forth a little extra effort to get his info to us quickly. I too was surprized with all the info in there. Didn't help alot with the medical questions we had, but it told alot about the family.
Who did you contact to get your non-id info? The state registry says it has nothing for me, and the county court says I have to petition the court to get any info from my adoption file. I thought we were entitled to the non-id info ...
Was this a private adoption, or was it handled by the state?
What county are you tring to get info from?
Advertisements