Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By Ann
The adoptive children were exihibiting strange behaviors. When I called in to question, I did not get answers, however, after the finalization, I received a certified package with information about one child's history in a facility for extreme behavior problems, and information about the child's upper airway repiratory disease, an hospital record of herpes, and sickle cell traits in the family. I felt as though I was hit with a enormous amount of information which overwhelmed the family, immediately. I felt we had to separate the family within the home, and be watchful of the child's health after consulting with the doctor. I asked for help and made a fuss, but, nothing happened to ease our permanent situation. We would not have taken on these children with these added problems. This was frightening to involve our other children but we did so with precautions and educated them. We have been very unsucessful in resending the adoption. All we have received is a conflict of interest and threats of removing all children including biological children if we can't handle "our new children". We are in therapy with adoptive children, biological children are with other relatives most of the time and we are seeking help outside. I have not been able to work as I was and my husband has to work two jobs. There is much upset inside of us. The children don't even know how much problem we have been caused within our family unit. They have intensive behavior problems, are very needy and can't see past their own wants, even though they are two years older. A chronic cry out for help!
Originally Posted By susan m
There are ways to access federal adoption subsidy after finalization. I don't know what state you're in, but we live in Fla and have just finihed changing our adoption to a Title IVE and we now get monthly subsidy for our 8 yr old. This was 8 yrs after finalization, but the process took about a year and a half.
I got 2 books from Tapestry Books. The first was, ACESSING FEDERAL ADOPTION SUBSIDIES AFTER FINALIZATION BY TIM O'HANLON. The second was also by Tim was ADOPTION SUBSIDY, I also got this from Tapestry.
It also gives his email address at the back of the second one, and he helped me in the whole process with the state. I can't find the book or I'd pass his address on to you. You might find some helpful information in these two books.
Good luck--susan m
Advertisements
Originally Posted By HUD
How does this happen? We are thinking of adopting a child 2-5 years old and this is frightening! I thought you were informed before the adoptin about the child and their experiences/needs. Yikes!
Originally Posted By Thinkingaboutadopting
I am so sorry you are having such a hard time. I will pray for your problems and your family. I, too, have a biological son and am wondering the effect adoption would have on him.
Originally Posted By Angela Buhr
Mother of a boy born in Denison Iowa in July 1982. I am the grandmother Beth Buhr. He was given for adoption through a friend of my daughter's Kim Rodgers or rogers without our knowledge. She just gave us this information and I am 60 years old and would like to find him. My daughter crys and asks me to take the pain away then crys my baby my baby. He is supposidly in Des Moines Iowa. Can you help us? We don't know where to go with this.
Archive
Originally Posted By Angela Buhr
Mother of a boy born in Denison Iowa in July 1982. I am the grandmother Beth Buhr. He was given for adoption through a friend of my daughter's Kim Rodgers or rogers without our knowledge. She just gave us this information and I am 60 years old and would like to find him. My daughter crys and asks me to take the pain away then crys my baby my baby. He is supposidly in Des Moines Iowa. Can you help us? We don't know where to go with this.
I was wondering if it was possible that this baby was born in August rather than July? If so, I may know who you are looking for.
Advertisements