Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
We just spoke with our social worker today who will be handling our foster care licensing, and she scheduled an "informal home visit" for next Thursday evening.
My first question is what is an "informal home visit"? Does this mean she is just going to meet with us preliminarily, but we will have to wait even longer for the home study?
And now, for the main topic of this thread...
Can anyone help me develop a "Home Study Checklist" so that my hubby and I can work on getting everything in order for this initial home visit next week? Even if this is just a preliminary visit, we are hoping to have all of our "I's" dotted and our "T's" crossed so that maybe she can go ahead and "pass" us and get this show on the road! (Gee, can you tell how anxious I am to become foster parents? lol)
We already know we need to get a child gait for the stairs down to the basement. We have a smoke detector on the main floor and in the basement and have checked to see that both are in working order. We also are going to install child-proof locks on cabinets and drawers with any cleaning chemicals and such. Our medicines are in a hall linen closet on a high shelf. Do we need to child-proof drawers with shampoos and lotions? I also know that we need to be sure our hot water temp is no higher than a certain max temperature but does anyone know what that temp is?
Ok, anything else anyone can help me out with would be greatly appreciated!