Advertisements
Advertisements
Is there anyone else in this forum that was adopted in Duval County, Jacksonville around 1970 and is looking for Birth parents or too unseal birth records?>
Looking for comments, ideas, news (good or bad).
Advertisements
Hi... Its me... I guess that i don't have a doctors name either. If EH Williams wasn't a doctor. I have no hospital name on my mended birth certificate. Do u have Grace L. Nelson on the bottom of your birth certificate? On ur mended birth certificate, does your birth # start with 109-70? 109 is suppose to be the state of Florida... Then the 70's is the year u was born. How am i to go abouts to getting my non-id info? Thanks, Alli.
hi im working with chs of jax and getting the stone wall job of the century. who did u talk to? plz email me. maria
Maria
Hi , we worked with CHS for ten months our foremost reason was to get a genetic history for both b parents but I would be lying if I said contact was not a strong desire also. Anyway after all this time , they found the "probable" b mom can't even say for sure she is the right woman, and THE ONE thing I feel they should have told this lady they did not , and they refuse to call her back, the one things is we have had a child DIE. I have found the archive department of CHS to be as archaric as the laws in the state of Florida. I suggest you join the CHS Of Florida Yahoo group (email me privately for this information) I also suggest you stay right on top of them, they told one person their success rate is 99%, they must have meant 99% failure , as I have yet to hear of one reunion via CHS, not one. I wonder sometimes if they do anything or just make stuff up. If I had the finanical resourses to sue them and the State of Florida I would but we are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars without a pro bono lawyer. Even with one there are court cost and deposition costs. The one thing that might help is if we all join together and demanded answers. This is why I suggest you join the yahoo group, as we are dicussing at the very least each of us with problems sending writing our own letters to the board members and having them delivered together and at the same time send copies to each of our local newspapers if we live in Florida ( for example I live in West Palm Beach,so mine would go the Palm Beach Post) . The other thing is to be a pest call them everyday, email them all the time be relentless. I am so fed up with this organization I cannot express the full extent of my frustration on these board as my language would not be nice. But know I share your frustration. It is also time the law be revised. But that is another chapter for another post. All I can say is don't let them take away your hope, hang on to faith that it will all work it out in the end, one day the law will be changed,Until then keep the faith. By way what exactly are your problems with CHS , I am interest in how much a like our problems are?
Shade :)
Hello, I was born in Jax Beach on 4-20-67,5 weeks premature, I am seeking my birthmother.My name at birth was infant PAGE, That was on my Final Decree. I have a birth registration card, is that the same as a certificate? It also has E H Williams JR name on it but no hospital, doctor, or time.It was a private adoption through Barry L Zisser in Jax.I am waiting for a copy and a BOOK copy of my birth certificate from Vital Statistics. Does anybody know what finalization is? Thank You GOOD LUCK TO ALL! BOB
Advertisements
No--you're not the only one. I don't have any of those either. Maybe it's a private adoption thing?
12/26/78
Bob
Finalization I believe is just that it means all parental rights have been terminated and you are "official" the child of your adoptive parents. Someone chime in here if I am wrong. How long have you been searching? My husband's name is Bob
he is the adoptee in our search and was born in St Petersburg but his adoptive parents lived in West Palm Beach so his "finalization" and decree were issued in Palm Beach County. Have you regristered with FARR and ISRR? Are you still living in Florida? Let me know if there is anythign I can do to help you with your search. Best of luck to you
Shade :)
I was born February 19, 1988 in Jacksonville and adopted through the Children's Home Society of Florida. I had the time of birth on my bc, but I don't think there was a doctors name.
Advertisements
Hi..
I was born Jax beach in 1965 and the more I look on here the more people I see in my same way.
Was this a screwed up year or what?
I was born in Jacksonville 11-30-70 at St. Vincent's Hospital. The adoption was finalized in Georgia. The physicians during the birth were Dr. Philips and Dr. Eugene Frame. The attorney in Florida was Edward Parrish, Jr. I also have the name of my birth mother but no date of birth or where she was from. My adoption was private. Since this is my first time here, if anyone has any suggestions, comments or information, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisements
rayett
Is there anyone else in this forum that was adopted in Duval County, Jacksonville around 1970 and is looking for Birth parents or too unseal birth records?>
Looking for comments, ideas, news (good or bad).
Yes I am . Can be reached at gilshe@yahoo.com