Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I were looking to find another adoption agency when I came across this facilitators site. I will be nice and note say their name. Anyway, everything looked great. I did everything I knew to do I called and ck'ed reference they were listed with the BBB I ck'ed no complaints filed. The only thing we could do then was pray about it and we decided to give it a try. I over night the check and the contract to the facilitator which she received on Friday around 2:00 PM. Sat We received a call from another agency that said they had a situation that they needed a family for and wanted to know if we were interested I told them I had just sent the stuff over night to the facilitator but I didn't think it would be a problem because of the 72hr clause. the contract didn't get there until Fri after 2:00PM there shouldn't be a problem, Right! Wrong! The check had already been cashed and I was told that the contract started when we were sent the contract and went over it and signed it even though they had not signed it and we had not exchanged and money until I sent them the ck. I then was told the only thing they could do is put our file on hold. Like I'm rich and I could afford to loose that kind of money. Let me just say for me it took us a very long time to save that much money. They don't work for free. My question is has this happen to anyone else? When does the 72hr's start? If they are right what happens if you never send in the ck does that mean you are in breach of contract just because you changed you mind to begin with?:confused:
Take them to small claims court. They are trying to steal your money. Any lawyer will tell you it is 72 hours from when a contract is signed.
Advertisements
Brenda,
Does that start from the time that the facilitator gets the contract and signs it and receives the money or does it start from the time you sign it in your own home? And if it starts when you sign it alone at home without the facilitators signing it. What happens if you change your mind and never send it in are you still liable? :confused:
You need to talk to a lawyer in your state. However, if it is a joint contract, and the facilitator has not signed it, I do not think you are liable until she does.
Brenda,
Thank you for your helpful suggestion. I did talk to an attorney in the state I live in she told me to call an attorney in California. Does anyone know of one that could help? By the way the attorney here said if it was in Texas I would get my money back. Please keep praying for us, the bad news is once again this has slowed us down because it has tied up or should our money was stolen that we so desperately need to add our little angle to our family. All I can do is try to find someone in Califorinia to help and ask anyone reading this please pray for us. God Bless
Advertisements