Advertisements
Adoptee ISO blood relatives
Male, Caucasian
Born 9-27-1972
Penrose Hospital, Colorado Springs, Colorado
reply here, i'll be checking.
:)
Advertisements
almost nine years since I first posted ...
... still checking.
I have also recently received some non identifying information re: my birth mother (if that would help someone point me in the right direction)
Mother:
Born 11/29/1950
Brown Hair, Brown Eyes
5'-3" tall, 126 lbs.
german/dutch/english
she was a swimming instructor & telephone operator at the time
Thanks for looking.
Mark
Did the non-identifying information say if she was born in Colorado? That is great information having her birthdate. Have you found her yet?
Advertisements
joyceannkate
Did the non-identifying information say if she was born in Colorado? That is great information having her birthdate. Have you found her yet?
No, I don't know her place of birth.
And no, unfortunately I'm no closer today than I was 10.5 years ago when I posted this thread.
Solf,
Are you aware that they are trying this year to reverse the sealed records laws in Colorado?
[url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adoptees-in-Search-Colorados-Triad-Connection-AIS-CTC/169711366419558[/url]
Kind regards,
Dickons
Dickons,
I was not aware of these proposed changes to the Colorado Laws (I am in NY)
Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention, I will be following this very closely.
Thank you,
Mark
Dickons
Solf,
Are you aware that they are trying this year to reverse the sealed records laws in Colorado?
[url]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Adoptees-in-Search-Colorados-Triad-Connection-AIS-CTC/169711366419558[/url]
Kind regards,
Dickons
Advertisements
Both bills have been signed into law. Under SB 51, adult adoptees will have access to adoption records held in courts and state agencies upon request and proof of identification 7/1/14. OBCs for adoptions finalized between 7/1/67 and 8/31/99 become available 1/1/16. Were you adopted in El Paso county?
yes! I am aware of these laws (I have been following your facebook page since I learned of these laws ... I assume you are the same from Adoptees in Search - Colorado's Triad Connection)
and yes, I was born in El Paso County.
I'm still not 100% sure what information will be available to me on 7/1/14 vs 1/1/16 ... or how to go about requesting it ... i guess I'll wait and see how others go about the process.
Thank you!
Did you get your original birth cert.? if not Colorado is open now. Just request the obc . Plus sign up on the state registry.
Joan
almost nine years since I first posted ...
... still checking.
I have also recently received some non identifying information re: my birth mother (if that would help someone point me in the right direction)
Mother:
Born 11/29/1950
Brown Hair, Brown Eyes
5'-3" tall, 126 lbs.
german/dutch/english
she was a swimming instructor & telephone operator at the time
Thanks for looking.
Mark