Advertisements
Advertisements
Awhile back my father and mother took a claas and learned that adopted children can get grants having something to do with being a ward of the state does anyone know anything about this? Please help
Adoptive children can receive independent living grants if they were in foster care, there are specific rules. The grants help with college and other stuff. You should contact your state agency that works with abuse and try to get ahold of the Independent Living program.
Advertisements
Hi Debbie. The various states have programs called Independent Living. If you were in foster care you would be eligible. In addition in Oregon we now have scholarships/grants for foster kids as well. You could look online through your state child welfare system. Kris
please help with any information on subsidy for adopted teenage child though fostercare, i adopted my daughter at the age of 4yrs old she is now 16 i do receive subsidy from Michigan i live in las vegas nv, at the age of 16 and prepare for graduation and college im going though financial difficulties trying to bugget on the amount of subsidy from Michigan in which have not increased since the age of 4yrs old is there any other resourses grants charities ect. that would help me keep up with the support to help meet her needs of a adopted child though foster care
[QUOTE=debbiedebbiedebbie77]please help with any information on subsidy for adopted teenage child though fostercare, i adopted my daughter at the age of 4yrs old she is now 16 i do receive subsidy from Michigan i live in las vegas nv, at the age of 16 and prepare for graduation and college im going though financial difficulties trying to bugget on the amount of subsidy from Michigan in which have not increased since the age of 4yrs old is there any other resourses grants charities ect. that would help me keep up with the support to help meet her needs of a adopted child though foster care also any information on grants for post adoped children through foster care
Advertisements