Advertisements
Advertisements
* * * ACTION ALERT * * *
Posted May 3, 2004
WRITE NH GOVERNOR CRAIG BENSON
AND URGE HIM TO SIGN SB 335
OPEN RECORDS TO ADULT ADOPTEES
For those with a DIRECT connection to New Hampshire adoption: meaning - those who relinquished a child in New Hampshire; those who were born in New Hampshire, and later adopted; those who have adopted in New Hampshire...
Call, write, and e-mail Governor Craig Benson to urge him to SIGN Senate Bill 335, to provide adult adoptees with a copy of their own original birth certificate.
Please be sure to include your full name, address & phone number. We want him to understand that these are genuine letters.
PHONE: (603) 271-2121
E-MAIL: [url]http://oit.nh.gov/goveforms/comments.asp[/url]
WRITE:
Honorable Governor Craig Benson
Office of the Governor
107 North Main Street
Room 208
Concord, NH 03301 USA
Quick Sample Letter:
To the Honorable Craig Benson, Governor
My name is ______________ and I write to urge your support and signature on Senate Bill 335. This bill will once again open access to adults, who were adopted as children, to their original birth certificate.
I am a __________________ (adoptee/birthparent/adoptive parent) who is directly and intimately affected by the passage of this bill.
Senate Bill 335 also includes a contact preference form for the use of birthparents, and a medical history form that will address lifelong medical concerns of adoptees.
Restoring the right of access to birth information is recognized as excellence in adoption practice and policy. It serves the public good, and personally affects me.
I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO SIGN SENATE BILL 335 INTO LAW IN NEW HAMPSHIRE.
Sincerely,
Your Name
House Number & Street Address
City/State/Zip Code