Advertisements
Advertisements
My father was adopted as a infant. The hospital he was born at apparently burned down many years ago and most of the records were supposedly destroyed. He has no real interest in finding his family anyway, especially since it would be such a struggle with so little to go on. I on the other hand deeply wish to know my extended family and heritage. I want to know who I really am and where I came from. I don't even really know what ethnicity I am. I never got to experience having and grandfather because both of mine passed before my birth. Finding my fathers birth father feels like a second chance. My dad is 48 so I know that time to find these people before they pass away is running out. I just want to know what my rights as the daughter of an adoptee are. If you have any information or advice, please reply. Thank you.
Advertisements
Hello Flowers...I too am looking for my own family. My brithfather is unaware of my birth, and may be from Ireland...unfortunately my birthmother--recently located by the cour system will not release my records, and wil not divulge my father's name/info. At this point, I am stuck..
I related to your heritage interest and thought I'd reply to let you know you're not alone. I do not know my ethnicity either..though we have theorized for years that I am English & Irish...I would really like to know for sure...and meet some of my family before they pass on as well.
Good luck
Nicole