Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey,
I'm doing a persuasive speech, has to be 5-7 min., on why people should adpot if you can not have kids or for other reasons. Since this is a big site to talk about adoption, I figured this would be an amazing place to get informatoin about this topic. If you have adopted or plan to adopt, why did you do so? Anything and all responds will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Garrick
If you prefer to talk about things like this through email, please let me know.:)
Hey. I'm just a high school student, so it wouldn't be broad. It's simply a few ideas that I could branch out of and talk for 5-7 min. I know it's a broad topic, but our teacher is some what strange. Once we sign up for something he won't let us change it. That's why I'm looking for good reasons on why people to choose to adopt...You would of course all be quoted by.
Advertisements
1) In the case of infertility, to be able to parent a child.
2) To provide a loving home to a "special needs" child ~ one who has emotional or physical challenges.
3) Because the adoptive parents have lots of love to offer a child waiting placement. Often it is like a "calling."
Theses are just the ones that pop out. The list is endless. I'm sure you'll get more ideas.
Good luck on your speech, and props to you for caring enough to do this research!
~Deb
Thanks for the ideas and please keep them coming. I've always thought that adoption was a great thing, in the sense of people being able to adopt, but not necessiarily for people to put up for adoption, but under certain curcomstances if neccissary, but that's a whole differnet topic. It not only helps kids have someone to love and to go home to someone that wants them, but for them to have a normal life without all of the difficulties of not being able to have a mom or dad around the house to help with this or to talk about this or that.
Garrick
As an adoptee my reason for wanting to adopt is because I was given a wonderful life full of love and security.I doubt I would have had that if I wasn't placed. I have so much love to give a child and I know that the bond between mother and child is just as trong in adoptive families as biological families.
What a great response. Thanks so much you guys. I'm starting to get an idea of how I want to give my speech, but if you can, please send more reasons and such so that it will be an Excellent speech. Thanks
Advertisements
I also am doing a persuasive speech. I am a birthmother and place my son in an open adoption arrangement. So, I have some insight into adoption proceedings. But, I have never written a persuasive speech nor given a presentation on why adoption is a good choice. I could use a little help with format.
Personally, I chose to place my second son for adoption out of love for the child. I was a single parent with my first son who is 26. I became pregnant at 42 and was not at all in the position to try to raise another child by myself. I chose him the mommy I could never be and he has a happy full life. Now I have gone back to school. I'm a full time college student working towards my LCSW licensed clinical social worker, so that I can continue to enrich more lives with the wisdom I have acquired through my life experience.