Advertisements
Advertisements
I am interested in possibly adopting a sibling set of 2 children. I was hoping for one to be 2 or 3 (or possibly younger) and the other to be an infant.
Also, I would like one or maybe both of the children being adopted to have some kind of special needs such as cleft lip, cleft palate, club hand/foot, etc.
Is there any possibility of finding a sibling set such as this? Is this way too specific for a set to be found that matches our desires?
Foster Care is more Kids in Trauma. Than actual Physically Disabled, but that is where all of the kids the age you are seeking are now!!
International Adoption is either closed to Adoption, or ' Backlogged' or at a 'Stand Still'.
Advertisements
Thank you for the information/help.
It seems that I may be too specific in my desires for the adoption. I really appreciate your suggestions and insite.
Thank you!
I do not think that you are too specific in your Desires to Adopt!!
Asia only allows one child Adoptions with sometimes rare exception to 2 with Special Needs.
Everywhere else has drastically changed with the Hague Treaty and is taking years!!
International Adoption is no longer a process where you can just love children!!
It is sad that international adoption has been changed to be so much more difficult :( I know several people that adopted baby girls from China, but this was 10 years ago when the adoption process was much easier internationally.
I just really feel a pull towards these precious children, but (as I'm sure so many adoptive mothers feel) I am frustrated with agencies making it challenging for these beautiful souls to receive the loving homes that they deserve.
I know many people foster to adopt, but I don't think I could handle it. I am way too afraid that the birth mother would come back for the kids during the foster care portion. I would be absolutely devastated if this happened. I would feel like he/she was my new child and would be torn apart if they were removed from my care and given back to the mother/relatives. I have so much respect for foster parents. I think you have to be an amazingly strong person to foster and I don't know if I could guard my heart well enough :(
Advertisements