Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi. I have some serious questions that I wish that you all would/could answer for me. First off let me tell you this, I am 16 years old and I am from Kentucky. At work, people have been telling me that I look older, and Happy Mothers day. When I tell them that I don't have a child, they apologize of course and it's made me realize that I want to adopt a child. I've been seriously considering Adoption since then. The thing that really irritates me is that Teenagers (18 years old) can not adopt a child. When you are 18 years old you are considered an adult, why can't we adopt children? I have already been in search for a child and found one named Antwon and he is from Florida. I know you are thinking "You're way too young to adopt" and it may be so, but I am capable to support a child. I've had so many child care classes voluntarily, and I've had a medical training course, and I'm about to graduate high school. I plan for my future, and lately I've been planning for a future for my child. I've already planned. Can someone help me with Kentucky Laws about adoption or can someone give me an email address so that I am able to contact an agency to talk to them about this situation? I've looked but there are no email addresses that I can find, just website addresses and phone. Instead of calling over the phone, I'd rather email because I would have the information in writing. I appreciate this so much, and I hope that you all don't look at me as a teenager because personally, I'm a mature one that is not like most, and I plan for my future. And is it harder for a white female to adopt an african american child? Thank you so much for your time and patients. God bless you all! *In the picture is the boy I wish to adopt*
[Edited To Remove a childs photograph for confidentiality purposes.]
Amy,
Many agencies do have email addresses listed somewhere on their websites. Or you can go through your phone book, call some, and ask them to send you info packets.
However, if the law says you can't adopt at 18, there is nothing any agency can do for you. If you want to fight that law, you need to write to your senators and representatives and ask them to change it. Even if it is changed, it's doubtful that it could happen before you are of legal age to adopt, anyway.
You said you can provide for this child (have had childcare classes). Can you financially provide for the child? Just something to think about.
Good luck...
Nicole
Advertisements