Advertisements
Advertisements
I have decided to search for my birth parents after all these years. I recently started the WI Dept of Health and Family Services search, but as yet have had no response. My reasons are many and varied but foremost to thank them and let them know that they did the right thing for whatever reason it was done. I would also like to know some family medical history as I am concerned about diabetes and other potential health issues.
Male born September 10th 1969 and adopted through Catholic Social Services (Charities) in Milwaukee, WI
1 Liked
 likes this.
My bestfriend is looking for her brother. Born at St. Anthony's Hospital, Milwaukee, WI . The birthdate she has is 09/02/1969. However, I noticed that the Catholic services seemed to change some of those dates. Adopted at a day old on Sept. 03, 1969. If they added a week... Please e-mail me if you get this lorihennes@gmail.com. We could atleast compare notes...
Advertisements
lhennes007
My bestfriend is looking for her brother. Born at St. Anthony's Hospital, Milwaukee, WI . The birthdate she has is 09/02/1969. However, I noticed that the Catholic services seemed to change some of those dates. Adopted at a day old on Sept. 03, 1969. If they added a week... Please e-mail me if you get this lorihennes@gmail.com. We could atleast compare notes...
From what I understand I was an only child, though the information I was given was vague and frankly somewhat questionable in many respects.
I had never heard about the dates being changed, but I suppose anything is possible. The state contacted my birth "mother", but she has hidden her past from her current family and did not want anything to do with me. She wrote me a letter of sorts excusing herself for her decisions. It was fraught with selfishness and no concern for my feelings.
I have given up on that. I just wanted to contact her as an adult and thank her for the decision to offer me up for adoption as opposed to the all too popular alternative.
If there's anything I can offer to help you and your friend, let me know.
millerwl71
Do you know what hospital, parents names?
I do not know their names. The state helped me contact the mother, but she did not want anything to do with me, and the father is an unknown. The hospital was supposedly Milwaukee County Hospital.
Why do you ask?
I have decided to search for my birth parents after all these years. I recently started the WI Dept of Health and Family Services search, but as yet have had no response. My reasons are many and varied but foremost to thank them and let them know that they did the right thing for whatever reason it was done. I would also like to know some family medical history as I am concerned about diabetes and other potential health issues.
Male born September 10th 1969 and adopted through Catholic Social Services (Charities) in Milwaukee, WI
Advertisements