Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi My name is Bekah - I'm new to this fourm. I'm searching for my birth parents. I was born in Fargo, ND at St. Lukes Hospital, January 28, 1983 at 7:28 PM
please get in contact with me if you can share any information.
Thank you, ~Bekah :)
If you were placed through Lutheran Social Services in Fargo, you might try there. They will help people search.
Good Luck,
D
Advertisements
yes, it was... and I know you can go through them, but I'm not about to pay that much this early in the game... I've only been looking for 3 years.
Thanks tho
My birthdaughter used them and it took 2 phone calls and they had me. sometimes you get what you pay for.
D
If you are truly committed to finding your birth family I would consider paying LSS the money. I was also born in Fargo and adopted through LSS.
I thought about searching for a lot of years, but was never sure I wanted to. When I decided to search "for real" I paid LSS the money and they found my family in a very short amount of time. They have a nice process set up. The make it easy, and do a good job protecting everyone. A social worker speaks to you a bit about the situations she's seen in years of helping people search.
The other thing is, searching through LSS provides a cushion. There is someone else making the initial contact. Like it or not, to begin with these people are strangers and you aren't sure what you are getting into with initial contact. A social worker as a go between is nice. It is also nice for the person/people being searched for to get a call from someone other than the adoptee... gives them some space, time to think and absorb things.
Finally, you say you have only searched for three years. I don't see that as an only. LSS found my birth family for me quickly. I am one of the fortunate ones that has an AMAZING reunion. And as dkb says, you get what you pay for. I can't imagine how long it would have taken if I'd done it on my own - likely forever. And even if it had only taken three years.... that is three more years I would have spent knowing this other family, three more years of lost memories. And that is worth so much more than $300.
A
well... it's been forever since I posted this.... but I wanted to say....
it's not that I don't want to spend the money.... but right now I have 3 babies so I can't justify spending money on a search when I need to provide for them.
however.... I'm waiting on the paperwork from LSS right now ... my mom and dad (adoptive) are going to pay for my search. :grouphug:
Advertisements
hmmmm I have a different ID on here now
But thought I should update this.... my birth parents have been found.