Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone!
I'm looking for anyone who has adopted an older child from the Qostanay (Kostanai) region in Kazakhstan. My husband and I are working on adopting an 11 yr. old girl, and would like to talk with anyone that has adopted from that area.
Any information you can give would be helpful!
Thanks!
Somer
My husband and I adopted a 3 year old from Arkalyk in the Costanay region in January 2001. When are you planning to go?
Kristi
Advertisements
Actually, we have run into a some complications. We found out that this child's grandmother visited her and that she is no longer up for adoption. Unfortunately we've already become rather attached! We would love to make contact with her (or the orphanage) and send her something. We want to make sure she knows that someone is willing to adopt her, because from what we've been told, she is still living in the orphanage . . .
Do you know if there is an older child orphange in Arkalyk? We're thinking that she may be in Rudny, but are not sure.
At this point I'm not sure what we can do. One agency told us that if we could locate her that we might be able to arrange a private adoption if we got permission from the grandmother, but I'm a little nervous about going that route!
Thanks for listening!
Somer
Hi Somer - Hopefully you're still receiving messages from this board somehow. I'm really interested to hear about your experience adopting an older girl. Did it turn out that you were able to do this? I sincerely hope so!
I'm at the beginning of the process, but would like to adopt an older girl and hopefully a littler girl (age 3) at some point. I'd like to hear about the process, obstacles, and how it would be bringing an older child into the family.
Let me know and thanks!!!
Cynthia