Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi, I'm a 49 year old adoptee, reunited, kinda, born in the Beulah Home in Edmonton, Alberta, just wondering if anyone else out there was and if you'd like to share any info that you have on it. I have some info, but was just wondering if there was more out there that one of you might have. Thanks, Boey
I was born at Beulah Home in the spring of 1950 but have been reunited with my birth family. We have started a group on Facebook for people born at Beulah Home if you are interested in joining us there. I also have the Parent Finders data base so may be able to help you.
Lynn C
Advertisements
I was born at Beulah Home in the spring of 1950 but have been reunited with my birth family. We have started a group on Facebook for people born at Beulah Home if you are interested in joining us there. I also have the Parent Finders data base so may be able to help you.
Lynn C
boey
Hi, I'm a 49 year old adoptee, reunited, kinda, born in the Beulah Home in Edmonton, Alberta, just wondering if anyone else out there was and if you'd like to share any info that you have on it. I have some info, but was just wondering if there was more out there that one of you might have. Thanks, Boey
Yes I was born in Beaulah Home as well in July of 1958 they only things I know are what was told to me by my adopted parents and my birth Mother whom I found in 1997. The reunion was mixed I really liked her, but was unhappy that she would not discuss my father with me in any way it was her condition for meeting with me. She also failed to tell me about my half sister which she also gave up in 1960 she was born at the Royal Alexander Hospital in Edmonton as I believe the Beaulah was alreay shut down or she refused to go back there to again.
Yes I would be interested in joining the Facebook site with all of you I do not have a any memories of Beaulah as I was an infant but my adopted parents and birth mother told me a few things I could share thank you. Please let me know how to join the Facebbok page I am new to the computer.
Advertisements
To join the group on Facebook, you have to first join facebook and then enter Beulah Home Edmonton in the search area. That should bring up the group and you just ask to become a member.
I have pictures etc. of Beulah Home and a fair bit of other information. I think it was a couple of years after your sister was born that Beulah Home was closed. The province was insisting that they close the maternity ward so they felt they should just discontinue there work. If you mother gave birth to you sister at the Royal Alex, where did she live during her pregnancy?
Hope to talk to you again.
Lynn Carrier
To join the group on Facebook, you have to first join facebook and then enter Beulah Home Edmonton in the search area. That should bring up the group and you just ask to become a member.
I have a fair bit of information on the home and can help with searches. I am also in contact with the social worker who used to work with Parent Finders and he is great. Also know of some good support groups.
Where do you live?
Lynn Carrier
Jordalee
Sounds like you don't have a lot of information to go on but there is always a possibility that we can somehow do some searching.
I have a fair bit of information on the home and can help with searches. I am also in contact with the social worker who used to work with Parent Finders and he is great. Also know of some good support groups.
Where do you live?
Hi Boey
There was a children's home next door to Beulah Home that was built in 1924. Actually, I just got copies of the blue prints for the children's cottage - I really wanted the ones for the home but I stayed there like you for two months after I was born.
We have started a group on Facebook and would love to have you join us. In addition to Beulah Home info, we can also help somewhat with searches. Also interested in what info you have.
Advertisements
My mom was in the Beulah home in 56 and she stayed past her delivery and worked there for 1 month . The babies were kept in a nursery and she helped out in their care so when she left she left behind a 1 month old son who was still there however he was born 6/6/56 so things may have been different before then
My husband was born in Beulah Home 10/31/1951. We have all of his birth records as well as all of the adoption records. Would the name of his birht mother as listed on all of these legal documents actually be her real name? I read that the moms were given different names? We are trying to find his birth mom and family to reunite as well as learn of health records. How can I find her real name?
I am having a hard time finding the Facebook group? Can somehone please help?
Looking for my husbands birth parents: His birth name - Grant Fushimi, born 10/31/51. Mothers Name - June Fushimi of Smithers, B.C. Birth Father - John Siemens of Hague, Sask.
Advertisements
Lynn Carrier, I believe we could use your help! How do I get a hold of you personally?
RaeE
Lynn Carrier, I believe we could use your help! How do I get a hold of you personally?
Also looking for information and photos of Beulah home. Also looking for my dad's birth fathers name. I have a couple names but both are spelt different and difficult to make out.
I would love more information, if possible.