Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
I just had to write to this thread even though it is a bit old. My mother gave up her baby on August 14, 1967. She was born at Paterson NJ and handled by Catholic Charities. The thing that got me on this thread is the mention of Mrs. Losty. My mother has died, but I have letters of hers that she wrote when she was "sent away" to CC in June, July, and August 1967 where she mentions Mrs. Losty frequently. I guess she was her case worker.
I have already found my birth sister but would love to find anyone who was in CC with my mother and knew her at the time... another pregnant mom perhaps. So if you were at CC in Paterson in June, July or August 1967 maybe you could drop me a line. My mother was 22 I believe, and she went by either Cookie, Pat or Patricia (unless she gave a fake name which I have heard they used to do).She talked about friends she had in there and the doctor who looked like Peter Sellers. She and her friend used to sneak down to the nursery to see the babies.
Any of this ring a bell? I'd love to hear more about what it was like there for the girls at that time. My mother said she never was allowed to see her own baby she gave up, and only saw the top of her head as she was taken away.