Advertisements
Advertisements
I know that to file a complaint against a lawyer, you contact the bar association that they are ruled under.
How does one file a complaint against an agency? Where do I begin? How about one that doesn't necessarily fall under the title of agency? (I'm trying not to use names here.)
This information is vastly important to ensure that other birthparents as well as adoptive parents are no longer treated poorly in all aspects.
Thank you in advance.
Jenna,
I know what organization you are talking about and unfortunately; those types of organizations arent governed by any ғlicensing body like agencies and attorneysԅthats why you see so many people caution against the use of Facilitators, because there is no sure fire way to check out their background.
All you can really do is contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. You can also contact anyone on the forums who asks for feedback on them and provide them with your feedback.
The bottom line is, people who use facilitators have very few options when it comes to filing complaints, because they arenҒt a licensed child-placing agency.
On another note, I believe, and correct me if Im wrong, that this facilitator has on staff legal services and attorneys. If that is actually the case, you can take the name of the attorney who represented you, because they are affiliated with this facilitator, and file a complaint with the bar.
I hope that helps!
Advertisements
No attorney represented me. I was not told at all by the "agency" that it would be in my best interest to have my own legal representation, which is why I had to sign relinquishment forms TWICE, months after the first time. No one cared about me.
I'm all ready filing a complaint with the PA bar association against the lawyer hired by Munchkin's parents because she gave my address (confidential information) to the Birthfather. I know that nothing more will be done than questioning the attorney if she did, which she will say yes, and a gentle reminder to make sure that all parties in an adoption are in willful contact with the others and that no one wants privacy. Breech of confidentiality at its best, but she wasnt' MY attorney so they won't discipline her.
I'm quite sad that nothing will be done to the people who made my life a living hell. In fact, that just makes me really upset. In fact, I'm just too upset to type any more.
I hate that place. With all of my being.
If the complaint is against a licensed child placing agency, it should be registered with the bureau of licensing for that state - usually found under the jursdiction social services or child and family services.
If the complaint is against a non-licensed paraprofessional - facilitator, networking service, referral service, and the complaint is relating to the legality of action (legality of business activity, legality of business practice), it should be made to the Attorney General's office for that state.
In both cases complaints can also be made to the Better Business Bureau, State Consumer Protection Office and the local Chamber of Commerce.
Does this help?
Regina
I can relate to being disgusted with a facilitator. Sounds like we did not use the same one though. If personal info was released to anyone, and the facilitator is a BBB member they do have a privacy division. Since it was a lawyer you are probably right, they will find some sneaky way out of it, or make up some excuses.
But, fair warning, once you get into all the people you can file complaints with, it becomes very time consuming to keep on top of the complaints, no one wants to answer questions, the facilitator can resort to horror tactics to shut you up. I have been there, still am really but only so no one else suffers what I am forced to live through by people who would rather pocket a few thousand dollars rather than think of the living hell they are creating for another.
I wish you luck,
Teresa
What about filing a complaint with the attorney generals office of the state they are operating out of? Just a thought.
I am so sorry you were so mistreated and misrepresented.
Advertisements
I did file complaints with the AG office, and would advise to do so...BUT, the response back from them is (in CA anyway) there is no body appointed to oversee facilitators. If there was illegal activity to file a report with my local police (I have) and gave the name of office that oversees adoption agencies. This office claims facilitators are so plentiful with so many complaints not much is really done.
Teresa
Teresa I would love to know more about your experience as I am from CA too. I had a bad experience with the agency i used and want to report them. I am new to this website and not really sure how to pm someone? If you are willing to correspond please email me back at carlisha_@hotmail.com. Thank you
Hi - I would love to speak with anyone who has also had to file complaints against an agency. I have had a terrible experience as an adoptive parent and I feel it is unacceptable the way agencies take advanatage of families. I am in the process of filing complaints and in the process of finding a new agency to complete my adoption. any advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated. I would be happy to share my experience if you want to hear.
Advertisements