Advertisements
Advertisements
I am a birthmom. I placed my son and have so far had a wonderful experience with adoption. Needless to say, my pregnancy changed my whole life! I am a completely different person. I am looking into social work as a career. Can any of you help me out? Just tell me a little about what you do. I would either work at an adoption agency or a high school.
Thanks so Much!
When I first began college, I was interested in journalism. I began college and found out I was pregnant in my first semester. After having my son, I went back to school but with a different outlook on life as well. I decided I would pursue psychology because I was very interested in how it relates to birthparents, adoptees and adoptive parents. However, after talking with a friend, I changed my mind, yet again. My college track changed and I started looking into social work programs that colleges in Florida offered. I ended up attending the University of South Florida after being accepted into their social work program. They have a BSW, MSW and Ph.d in SW available. I now have my BSW and work as an adoption caseworker. How I got the job at the agency is a story for another day but I would definately start looking at colleges that offer social work degrees accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Here's a [URL=http://www.cswe.org/]link[/URL] to their website. When you get there, click on accrediated programs. Good luck!
Advertisements