Advertisements
Advertisements
Here is a poem I wrote some years ago sharing my praise to God, to my birth parents and adoptive parents for Life and adoption.
An Adoptee's Praise (copywrited,please ask permission to reprint or publish see note after poem)
Sovereign Lord, My Great Creator, Maker of Wind and Skies and Sea, I'm filled with wonder how your loving hands created me, an Adoptee. Master Designer, Skillful Potter, your the Life, the Truth, the Way. Your love shaped me and it formed me from some still and lifeless clay. My First Father, One All Knowing, through Your Love I was conceived. I was in your plan and in your heart, for it was in me that you believed. There in secret, in the darkness you were there when my life took form. Inside my birth mom, you hid and sheltered me, kept me safe from every storm. God My Maker, Master Artist, Chosen seed of Israel's race, You painted colors of the brightest rainbow to reflect in me my birth mom's face. Breathed your life in me, Oh Mighty Spirit, One the winds and waves obey. Stilled my anxious cries, sought a family, who would a sure foundation lay. You heard the weeping of my birth mom, knowing motherhood was not an option. You walked beside her, lit a pathway to a plan you called adoption. Mighty Anchor, My Protector, I felt adrift in a world so dark. Your love, it guided me, like baby Moses, you cradled me safe inside your "ark". You went before me, prepared a better way, heard the cries of a woman barren. Filled her lifelong dreams, gave her a new hope, Oh you Precious Rose of Sharon! You chose a mother, who came to love you, in whom your faith and grace did dwell. Through her guidance and caring counsel, she mirrored your love Emmanuel. Master Builder, Shaper of Mountains, I trace your blueprint in the sand. My adoption shaped me, through loving choices, into a pattern you had planned. Holy Spirit, Precious Heavenly Dove, you've caused my heart to cry and sing. Your everpresence through my adoption journey has kept me safe beneath your wing! Jody Moreen
To reprint anywhere or publish in printed material please first contact Jody at adoption@wideopenwest.com
Hi Jody We've met! In fact, I saw you just last night at the adoption Triad support group! Thanks for your poem. I really enjoyed reading it. My name for the forum reflects the nickname I received while living in Russia, along with the birthyears of my children. "Katya"
Advertisements
Hi again, Jody. I just wanted to tell you that I'm about half way done with the book you recommended by Kay (Moore?) and tonight my husband and I watched the movie "Antwone Fisher". It was really good. Thanks for recommending it!
Katya
Jody, Your poem is beautiful...... I am a bmom and rarely do I ever sense the kind of heart and gratitute you have for life and appreciate of its value to our Maker. Recently I had my first grandchild. A beautiful picture was taken of her little face in the palm of my son's hand. I posted the scripture underneath it, "I will praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Marvelous are your works and that my soul knows well". EVERY human being, not matter what they are facing, is of such value to God that He would have died for just any one person in order to save them. Thank you.
Neecy
Thanks Neecy for your nice post and God has given me a gratitude for life. In adoption you see God's hand in how He has lead you and the persons He chose to make you the person you are. It is awesome and I praise Him for his wonderous ways! I collect stories of adoption that reflect God's hand in the grace, hope and healing in them and it is a free 20 page outreach journel. Adoption Blessings Journal. If you or anyone reading this would like a copy with NO obligation to read inspiring stories of adoption by adult adoptees, birth parents and adoptive parents e-mail me at adoption@wideopenwest.com.
Blessings to you!
Hi! So glad you liked the adoption book, Gathering the Missing Pieces of An Adopted Life" by Kay Moore and also watched the movie Antoine Fisher. Hope you enjoyed it and was great to see you at the meeting Thursday night! Thanks for your support and have a great Thanksgiving! God's blessings to you! Hope to see you soon or at our December 15th adoption support group meeting in Wheaton, IL.
Blessings,
Jody
Advertisements
wow...what a blessing. thought i'd share mine as well.
Two Woman...a poem for bmoms and amoms
I wrote this poem for our daughter's bmom a few years ago. It is dedicated to all bmoms, potential bmoms, amoms, and those struggling with infertility. Enjoy, but please respect my copyright. Bless you all for the gift of adoption.
Two Women
Two woman cry out into the night
their eyes are full of tears.
"Oh God why is this happening to me?
I need to feel you near."
One woman sits alone in the darkness.
Decisions she must make.
She wants to do whats best for her child.
It's life she cannot take.
The other woman clings to her mate
and she doesn't understand
why they can't have a child of their own
as many others can.
These woman come from different worlds.
Their lives are miles apart.
But God would deliver the pain they felt
and mend their broken hearts.
And then one precious morning
their lives became intertwined.
Both women's prayers were answered
As they felt God's plan unwind.
One woman touched her newborn's cheek
and whispered to the babe.
"Because I love you, little one,
this sacrifice I'll make."
With the strength she felt from heaven,
to the other woman she gave
the miracle of a baby
for her to love and raise.
The other woman looked down
at her precious baby's eyes,
and thanked God for the woman
who had helped fulfill her life.
Two woman pray into the night
and thank the Lord above
for the opportunity he's given them
to feel a Mother's love.
Hi Lori! Loved your poem- May I get permission to reprint it with your contact information for Adoption Blessings Journal
[url]www.adoptionblessingsnewsletter.com[/url] (click on "Adoption Blessings Journal" in the menu index to find out more on this free outreach Christian 20 page publication sent by US mail for adoptees, birth parents and adoptive parents.
Thanks for sharing this lovely poem- it is much much better than the poem I have read a million times about the 2 mothers in adoption- that has been posted everywhere!
Jody Moreen, adoptee, editor
Illinois
Thanks Julie for your note and glad the poem that I wrote years ago, An Adoptee's Praise, was encouraging to you! My adoptive mom is wonderful and we are very close- She is 83 and very spry and caregiving my older sister Barb, also adopted, who has Lou Gehrigs disease and is progressing to the final stages.My mom is incredible and so loving and caring! Blessings to you and your family and may God encourage you in your ongoing adoption journey!
You might like a free copy of the Christian publication I am editor of Adoption Blessings Journal. If you would like a copy go to the website listed below- fill out the form- no fees. If you know others that might enjoy this 20 page publication of inspiring stories of faith by adoptees, birth parents and adoptive parents , have them check the website.
Blessings, Jody ;)
Advertisements
Share other poems of adoption and your faith journey or other poems you have found, embraced.
Thanks, Jody ;)
THis is wonderful Lori,
flowergoddess
wow...what a blessing. thought i'd share mine as well.
Two Woman...a poem for bmoms and amoms
I wrote this poem for our daughter's bmom a few years ago. It is dedicated to all bmoms, potential bmoms, amoms, and those struggling with infertility. Enjoy, but please respect my copyright. Bless you all for the gift of adoption.
Two Women
Two woman cry out into the night
their eyes are full of tears.
"Oh God why is this happening to me?
I need to feel you near."
One woman sits alone in the darkness.
Decisions she must make.
She wants to do whats best for her child.
It's life she cannot take.
The other woman clings to her mate
and she doesn't understand
why they can't have a child of their own
as many others can.
These woman come from different worlds.
Their lives are miles apart.
But God would deliver the pain they felt
and mend their broken hearts.
And then one precious morning
their lives became intertwined.
Both women's prayers were answered