Advertisements
Advertisements
Is there anyone out there with access to the Tarrant Co birth indexes? Or does someone know of a specific library where indexes are available. I went to the Austin main library and they do not have microfiched indexes anymore. In fact, the woman at the reference help desk acted very weird about it, so I looked around on my own and confirmed that they aren't there.
I have a birth date, birth certificate number, and am looking for a mother's name. If anyone can help or has suggestions, I would really appreciate it.
Here is a link to the Tarrant County Birth Index 1926-1995
[url]http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/tx/tarrant/vitals/births/[/url]
Advertisements
Melissa- Thanks for the link. What I'm looking for is access to paper or microfiche archives that have some of the "Infant of...." listings and parent names.
S
Hello Shesta,
You will not be able to find the birthmother's/father's name on the website as the vital statistic-Texas Dept. of Health and Human Service stoped publishing this information sometime in "I believe" 1976" you can purchase the microfiche from the department...you would have to contact the department as I am not sure what the specifics are...sorry! Who is your friend? You do not have anything posted on your profile that will help others make a match...do they want to be located? Just wondering ;)
Sincerely,
Argentina