Advertisements
Advertisements
:D
YEAH!!
Liam is 30 months and has not shown much interest in potty training. If he was naked we would mention it and he would go sit on the potty with an intense look of concentration, get up after 2 seconds and say "ALL DONE" without anything actually happening.
Well last night when he was getting ready for bed he was running around naked (a favorite activity! :rolleyes: ) I was in the kitchen doing something and when I went back in he was sitting on the potty with a big grin on his face!!! I asked if he'd peed and he sure as shootin had!!!!
My little boy is growing up!!!
Advertisements
It was a very huge deal!!!! I scoped him up into a big hug, we called for Mommy who came running from the den. We all danced about whopping and hollering!!! Good thing the curtains were shut!!!
He then got to ceramoniously empty the potty in the toilet and flush!!
He was grinning like a Cheshire Cat the whole time! And then of course we had to call Granny & Grandpa and Grandma & Grandpa and relive it all again!!!
Maybe this is the hole in the dam :eek: that he needed, and you will be celebrating and calling everyone again!! (and again, and again....) hee hee hee. :)
Whoo hoo! It always helps to have success (but just as a warning--my daughter wasn't reliably potty trained until after she turned 3).
Hey Spay, I've been following your potty story too! We have no great expectations, and hadn't even planned on making any effort until this summer (he'll be 3 in July). So for now if he does great! if not Eh!
Advertisements
I have a 2 year old who is really ready to potty !! she knows where the potty is and she knows what pee is and poo is and the only problem is that I cant get her to sit on the potty !! She is very strong willed and wont do what you ask her about 95% of the time she does stuff when she feels like!! I cant get her on the potty no matter how hard I try and she will only sit on it for like 2 secs and then is off and gone. I dont know what to do and I need help !!!
well, we've had a very successful week of potty training! For the first 5 days, Liam had to be completely naked, but would stop playing and run to the potty! Accidents only happened if he was wearing underwear. We think that the feeling of clothes made him think he was wearing a diaper. He also pooped a couple of times!! Yesterday we really worked on wearing underpants. He had one accident and then a magic lightbulb went off!!! He even had a friend over for a play date and would stop playing and go without any prompting from us!
It amazes me how often he pees!!!! We are keeping a star chart and he hit over the 20 mark yesterday!!! Is that normal? or is he making himself go to get the star? He doesnt' seem overtely thrilled with the chart, and if we didn't mention it he probably wouldn't even remember..... Each time is a significant quantity of urine, not just a drop or 2.
There is an end of diapers in sight!!!!
WAHOO!!!! Yeah for LIAM!!! and WHEW for you guys!
My siblings were all very independant and strong willed.... one day they were just DONE with diapers and never accidents no matter how much effort my mom put into it. ALSO some kids are scared of the big toilet. My cousins son, won't stand to pee and doesn't aim downward while sitting...so she still has to clean up the bathroom and change clothes everytime, even though he goes "on the potty". LOL
Advertisements