Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everybody,
It has been a long time since I've posted. Busy doing the paperchase thing. I do have a question and I hope someone can answer it for me. When is Ms. Baughton (the INS lady) in. I keep getting her voice mail. I heard that she is the only one that does international forms and only once a week. Is that true? It is so hard not knowing where we stand. I submitted in January, completed fingerprints (I have none) and homestudy at the end of April. Am I being unrealistic to think that I should have it by now. Adding insult to injury, INS customer center can't help me because "it can only track people that go to National centers not local ones like the Fallon building". If someone could give me some perspective I would appreciate it. Thanks Andie
Our social worker told us that she would call on our behalf 3 months after our fingerprinting appoinment if we had not yet heard anything. And of course we got our approval 3 months to the day after our fingerprinting. I would deal with your agency/SW vs. with INS. Our SW made it seem like they frown on being bombarded with questions about timelines, etc. which is why she says to wait the 3 months.
Advertisements
Thanks,
My husband was fingerprinted is February, so was I initially but due to poor quality I had to redo them in April. The same with the state fingerprinting. Thanks for responding. Andie
We have been lucky because every time that I call I talk to her. Today I have to call her again! It looks that she has a lot of work and she told me that once the HS is received it could take between 3 to 6 weeks to receive the 171H form.
many blessings,