Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hi
I vote for the green! I have used it successfully for years.
There have been studies that show that green rates very high on the peaceful flow charts. Something to do with 'getting back to nature' sort of thing.
Blues were rated very calming too - in fact, in some religions, buring a blue candle promotes calm, peaceful feelings, good for healing.
I have also been very successful with Lavender essesical oil. My sister in law is into a few things, and she sells the Young Living oils.
She touted for months how the lavender oil could do most anything. (at the time, I was liking it to those old time brown bottle cure all tonics pushed around by traveling sales men!)
Anyway, to get her off my back, I decided to try it on my two foster sons (4 and 2 - the 2 being in the FAS spectrum). I figure if it could calm those boys down after visitation with Mommy Dearest, then I would by a case!
Well, I am here to tell you, I was more than mildly surprised when it worked! After they got home, I had them rub a few drops on their hands and breathe deeply. I even ran a few drops on my finger tips, and rubbed some on the backs of their necks and ears.
They loved it - and actually put in a good night after visitation --- a first in this house for the past 19 months!
Now, it is a ritual. After visitation, they come home, we spend a little time 'destressing' (doing mindless things and talking only if they want to). We call it an early pj night and they look forward to their lavender and their neck and ears being rubbed!
By the way, lavender oil is great for diaper rash, minor cuts, and bruises! It is like gone in the matter of a day or so! I would have never believed it until I tried it for myself!
Good Luck!