Advertisements
Advertisements
Originally Posted By jollyjas
I have some names of people looking for birth/adoptive families. in alberta mainly and manitoba too. If you are wanting to know if I may have the information on me, then post here and I will look and see if I have it on my records.
Iwas born in calargy alberta july 20 1978.
i am looking for my birth mom but haven't got any where in my search maybe you can help me.
Please reply if you have anything on my infomation
Thanks
Brenda
Advertisements
Born 4th of october 1982,Barrhead,Alberta...birthname Potts, do not know if it's b-fathers or b-mothers name.
B-mom came from the barrhead area, b-dad from ontario.
Am enlisted at parent finders.
Hi
If you rec'd your non-identifying information from the Alberta Government, {which I most definitely hope you have applied for!}
and it says your mom was single and of a young age,
chances are it's your mother's name (maiden) that you were born with;
if it said your birthparents were married to each other then it would be your fathers surname.
The only time this isn't the case is that I have seen it where the mom was married then divorced, kept her married name, gave a child up for adoption and that child was born with whatever name the mom had at the time, in this scenario a married name.
I am not 100% certain that in the early 80's the unmarried birthmother was able to give the child the fathers last name, ...later in the 80's this happened, of course the father had to sign papers.....one would think this is not a common occurence though when adoption was to take place.
Chances are, if your birthmother was a younger age 16-21, I would bet that the surname you were given was her maiden name.
Hope this helps figure it out....hope I didn't confuse the issue more.
~Shannon
i looking for my two cousins that were adopted out in the early80's. There last name at the time HARDEN Jacob and Robin i think they would be 21 and 19 years in age now
I am quessing these two were born in Alberta,
and hope the birthmother is looking,
she can apply to the Gov't for the identifying information
that is, to receive their adoptive names if a veto hasn't been applied to the file for her not to receive the information.
[url]http://www.child.gov.ab.ca/whatwedo/adoptionrecords/page.cfm?pg=Request%20for%20Release%20of%20Information[/url]
She can apply now, and they start working on the applications in November on a first come first serve basis.
If she hasn't applied already for the non-identifying information and put herself on their passive registry, she should do that too.
Hope this helps,
~Shannon
Advertisements
Bmom is trying to locate 2 daghters. They are Shannon Lynn Coyle, DOB is 0/12/78 and Leah Vira Murphy, born 8/21/79. both were norn in Winnipeg. Bmom's name was Janet Murphy. Bdad was Brian Coyle. Please reply to my email address listed under my profile. Thank you.
There is a female searching for her Bmom. I ran across a post from a Bmom that was searching for her daughter(Bmom in Canada), born 8/4 or 5/65. If you should have this Bmom's info., please send to me. Thank you.
Jeanna
girl,born around 1951 in misericordia,hospital,in Wpg,Birth name janet,adopted from ninette,
I'm looking for two people, one boy born in the early 70's or late 60"s, Would be native, born in Winnipeg.
Also looking for a girl who was taken away and adopted in Pine Falls Manitoba. She was born in the 30's or ealy 40's.
I can be reached at : carphillips@hotmail.com
Advertisements
born may 5,1961
birth name raymond angus robinson
re named peter
born to helen elsie robinson
birthday july 5, 1945
born in alberta canada
i don't have much more information. my mother passed away in sept. and she searched for him for the last16 years of her life. any help would be nice.
thanks,
penny avon
irishwhiteravn@yahoo.com
(330)321-5321
Archive
Originally Posted By jollyjas
I have some names of people looking for birth/adoptive families. in alberta mainly and manitoba too. If you are wanting to know if I may have the information on me, then post here and I will look and see if I have it on my records.
Looking for half sister (amy?)78-79, and half brother (fredrick?)79-80. Father was killed in car accident, and mother was unable to care for them. They were adopted through an agency in Portage La Prairie Manitoba. They were adopted out to 2 seperate families and their names were changed . They also have 2 other half sisters that live in brandon Manitoba.
slmclean@shaw.ca
hi was born in 1961 in winnipeg had sister born in 1962 both adopted to mackenzie family bewteen 1965-67. he was a pilot on canadian airforce. I think my name was Debbie and sister was Janice but dont know anything else
Hi,
I would like to share my story with others, don't ever give up hope in trying to find your biological family - I did and I have been searching since 1998. This summer I was lucky to meet 3 out of 4 of my siblings.
Now still rest the search for my biological mother - who has been gone for 2 years now - her name is Janet Potts but may go by the name Janet Bourke/Burke.
My biological father is also still missing - his name is Rick Osbourne he came from Ontario originally and was a truckdriver at the time living in Barrhead - 2 of my siblings were also living there at the time.
If anyone recognizes anything do please send me a message!
Kind regards,
Crystal Anne
Advertisements
Hi, my name is Robert Hughes still looking for siblings. do you have any info on other Hughes from Alberta? Looking for 3 sisters.
Has your father considered submitting his DNA to Ancestry? I did that and I was able to discern who my birth father is/was by the results.