Advertisements
Advertisements
Ok today we got a visit with Little J. She will be in our home perm. next week. She will be two next month. While carring her today I noticed that she felt like she had breast. I mentioned to my hubby and he said that I was nuts. Well when I got home and changed her shirt I noticed that she did have small breast. It looks like when someone is developing breasts for the first time very small, but obviouse. I showed hubby and he said I need to have checked out as soon as she is here perm. The foster family mentioned that she was suppose to have some test done to her regarding about it. Have anyone heard this before? The foster family will not give me much info, becouse they are upset that they could not adopt her. SW has not mentioned anything about this to me. She also have hair growing under her armpit and her privat area (not a lot, but you can notice). I dont know what it could be and I was wondering if anyone have heard of anything like this. Any info would be great.
It's called precocious puberty. You can find a lot of information about if you search on the internet.
Advertisements
Might want to get a doc to look at her. Could be nothing, but might need to test why she is having precocious puberty. Congrats on her placement.
Karen
My dad is a pediatrician and we were just discussing a patient with precocious puberty. They treated her with injections of Lupron and she is fine. The shots held off the puberty, and I think she's now a teen and having normal puberty. I think she took the Lupron all the way until age 12 or so.
Good luck!
Melissa =)
i would definatly get her to a dr as soon as you can. most of the time it is not serious, but it never hurts to have a dr. check it out.
Advertisements
Thanks for all the replies. The doctor believes she has precocious puberty. She was finally placed in our home sunday and I took her to the doctor tuesday. The doctor scheduled a MRI done for next week. She is also concerned for her older sis, becouse she is also showing to signs of precocious puberty, but not as suvere as her lil sis. The problem is we need to know why she has it. It could point to other seriouse illness. If no other illness then medication is given.
Thanks again
Shycar