Advertisements
Advertisements
I really miss the KY section of the forum, so I figured we could start a thread and communicate through this.
DH and I have recently jumped back into the adoption process, and it has been going full speed ever since we made the decision. We called the agency to let them know on a Monday, went to orientation the next evening, got a lawyer on Wednesday, got a loan on Thursday, and we are now awaiting the call to schedule our homestudy. Whew! We are trying to get our profile together and I am REALLY strugglng with it. Any suggestions?
KY moms and moms-to-be, let us know how you are doing!
hi nicole, we're in shelby county. I'm one of those people! we're just starting our process, hiring the agency to do the home study, etc, etc. we're adopting out of state through a texas agency.
which agency are you using?
Advertisements
I am a foster parent in kentucky. I was really close to two of them and they were taken because I was switching agenceys that I foster through. Ironicly to get more support for the fs that they took. I am considering adoption and want info on agencies finacial aspects and how it works domestic or international. Please help maybe this way I will not have a child that long never to see them again
just checking to see if anyone still posts here. we're finishing up our homestudy this weekend.
Chiming in~
We lived in Lex for 7 yrs, now are in Ashland. We have one child at home, born in Guatemla-and are waiting on 2 more (also born in Guat). Checking in to see if this thread might liven up a bit! Would love to see if anyone's still out there! I know there are support groups in Ashland for domestic; but none for int'l. I'm thinking of starting a support group for int'l adoptive parents once my boys get home & get our ducks in a row.
I'm brand new to Kentucky. DH grew up here and was ready to come home, so, here we are!
Advertisements
This thread hasn't been very active lately. My DH and I live outside of Louisville with our son who was born in Guatemala.
Welcome to Kentucky!
Kim
adoptnky
This thread hasn't been very active lately. My DH and I live outside of Louisville with our son who was born in Guatemala.
Welcome to Kentucky!
Kim
Thanks! :)
I don't live too far from Louisville.
Hey! I'm in Kentucky too! Southeastern Kentucky! Corbin to be exact. We brought our dear daughter in January 2007 and she is such a treasure! She's 2.5 now and we're suffering through the tantrums and terrible two's but, she's our only child and so, we deal with it and move on. I just keep thinking what would my life be like without her and I can't even remember my life without her!
Anyone else in Kentucky want to talk?
Jeanne
Hey Jeanne!!! Would love an update of life with your beautiful Maddy!
And welcome Ani! We have some great families here in KY! Have you already adopted a child or are you in process?
Advertisements
Hi momofmng. I have adopted twice so far. I have a 6 yr old ds and a 3 yr old ds. We are considering adopting again, but need to get settled in here first. :)
ETA: There is a KY forum. I posted on it [URL="http://forums.adoption.com/kentucky-local-adoption/332268-hello.html"]here[/URL].
Ani,
We have an adoption group in the Louisville area. Most of the families have adopted from Guatemala (or other Latin American countries) but we would love to have you join us if you would like.
PM me and I'll send you the contact information for our Yahoo group.
Kim
This thread has not been active in a VERY long time but maybe my introduction will bring it back to life! lol My name is Monica and my husband and I have just started our journey to become adoptive parents. We have not completely decided on an agency but are wanting a domestic infant adoption. I know a lot of the other KY families from from Louisville area but I am all the way in NKY, Florence to be exact. Anyone still out there?!
Hi! I'm still here....at least I received the email notification that you wrote on this thread and I have reactivated myself! My daughter has been home since Jan 2007 and she is nearly 6 years old now. She's such a wonderful girl! Hope your adoption goes well! Best of luck on this amazing journey! :banana:
Advertisements
Any Kentuckians still out there? I am in Northern Ky waiting on TPR for our youngest which will be very soon. If all goes as planned we will be filing to adopt her as soon as the appeal period is up!
Would love to hear from y'all!
Hi All,
I had a successful search for my daughter's first mom and she wanted us to know she placed another little girl for adoption a few years before K. The given name of this baby was Pamela C.G.L. She was born "several" years before 2007, but Mom could not remember the actual birth date. Her attorney told her a family from Kentucky was adopting her.
Please pm me if you or someone you know might be a sibling to my daughter.
Thanks so much,
Gina