Advertisements
Advertisements
Finally we have a court date for next week, the day after Valentines. What should we expect? DS b-mom and b-dad will attend as we have been told it is a celebration, but I am nervous for b-mom that she will become very emotional. We love our DS b-families and have a very open relationship. Should we do something special for them on this day? I have purchased cards for both of them and included a picture of DS from the hospital and want to include a photo taken that day. Is that enough? Should we write a letter or do something else? Any suggestions? :flower:
Well we are offical.... we finalized yesterday!!!
Okay it was NOT the "happy" celebration everyone has said it is. The Birth mother was pretty emotional and it took her the remainder of the day to get back to herself.
Just wanted to share that it was okay but not what I thought it would be. Nothing has changed between us and the birth families it was just a formality.
Advertisements
I am sure it was a difficult day for your child's birthmother. That would make it a hard day for you too. I would expect it to be that way if she is there. Bug's first mother chose not to be present so it was a different experience for our family. We sure did spend alot of time talking about how thankful we were for her, and hoped she was doing okay.
So glad you are finalized!!!! Congrats!
congrats! it's a mixed emotions kind of day, isn't it? emotional isn't bad. in fact, emotional it means a person is feeling and dealing with things, ultimately healthy.
it was funny because the day was just that, a formality. on the plus side, it means the end of the social workers, lawyers and others intruding on your life :) .
enjoy your family,
Lisa
Advertisements
I spoke with my daughter bmom and asked her if she would like a copy of the adoption decree and new birth certificate..I wasn't sure if that would be to hard for her but she eagerly accepted. So as soon as I got them copied i mailed them to her along with a letter describing all the things that happened that day and the pictures we took.