Advertisements
Advertisements
[font=Arial]My name is Jessie Rush and my search for my adopted brother starter 2 years ago when I discovered on my mothers deathbed that she had given birth to a son at the age of 16 which she was forced to give up for adoption. At first all I had was the name that she referred to him as "Robert John" a state and an approx birth year. After 2 years of searching and with the help of a few wonderful volunteers I have discovered that my brother adopted name is "Eric John Jackson" his adopted mothers maiden name was Eleanor L Rodgers and he was born on 06/16/1965 in Louisville, Kentucky. After visited dozens of search engines I discovered that he went to high school in Alexandria, VA and now lives in Maryland possibly Upper Marlboro. I found records that his adopted mother Eleanor Rodgers passed away, I believe in 2000. Her family is located in Craven, North Carolina. Her brother Chester W Rodgers is also deceased and her father William Rodgers I believe is deceased but I am unsure. Her mothers name is Annie Mae Rodgers I located her but she is now 92 and when I attempted to call she was extremely rude and abrupt and hung up on me. I attempted then to send a letter to her address but it was returned unopened. I don't know if that is an indication that I should stop my search, I am not trying to disrupt his family or cause any turmoil, I just would really love an opportunity to speak to him. I have paid countless search engines such as zaba, people finders, usa search and received possible addresses but wrote letters to all of them and they were returned unopened due to wrong or incomplete information. I believe his address is at Governer Bridge Road in Upper Marlboro as that is the last address listed in most searches, however all the search engines do not give an appartment number and I have called others in the complex who explain it has over 100 units. It is amazing how far I have come on my search but I still feel so far. Any help or advice you could offer would be much appreciated.[/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]Since posting this many wonderful people who have helped me on my search have found records and I believe that his apartment number is 207 at Governer Bridge road. I'm still trying to find any other records or listings on him that may help me find him, or verify that I have the right person.......one person that assisted me in my search who I am very grateful for discovered a court record which listed his race as WHITE, CAUCASIAN, ASIATIC INDIAN, ARAB, however my mother was African American so this information has made me question if I have truly found the right person. Is it common for courts to get this information confused? [/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]Any advice or help anyone could offer would be much appreciated,[/font]
[font=Arial]Thank you,[/font]
[font=Arial]Jessie[/font]
[font=Arial]My e-mail is GRush@Edmunds.com[/font]
JessieRush
[font=Arial]My name is Jessie Rush and my search for my adopted brother starter 2 years ago when I discovered on my mothers deathbed that she had given birth to a son at the age of 16 which she was forced to give up for adoption. At first all I had was the name that she referred to him as "Robert John" a state and an approx birth year. After 2 years of searching and with the help of a few wonderful volunteers I have discovered that my brother adopted name is "Eric John Jackson" his adopted mothers maiden name was Eleanor L Rodgers and he was born on 06/16/1965 in Louisville, Kentucky. After visited dozens of search engines I discovered that he went to high school in Alexandria, VA and now lives in Maryland possibly Upper Marlboro. I found records that his adopted mother Eleanor Rodgers passed away, I believe in 2000. Her family is located in Craven, North Carolina. Her brother Chester W Rodgers is also deceased and her father William Rodgers I believe is deceased but I am unsure. Her mothers name is Annie Mae Rodgers I located her but she is now 92 and when I attempted to call she was extremely rude and abrupt and hung up on me. I attempted then to send a letter to her address but it was returned unopened. I don't know if that is an indication that I should stop my search, I am not trying to disrupt his family or cause any turmoil, I just would really love an opportunity to speak to him. I have paid countless search engines such as zaba, people finders, usa search and received possible addresses but wrote letters to all of them and they were returned unopened due to wrong or incomplete information. I believe his address is at Governer Bridge Road in Upper Marlboro as that is the last address listed in most searches, however all the search engines do not give an appartment number and I have called others in the complex who explain it has over 100 units. It is amazing how far I have come on my search but I still feel so far. Any help or advice you could offer would be much appreciated.[/font]
[font=Arial]Since posting this many wonderful people who have helped me on my search have found records and I believe that his apartment number is 207 at Governer Bridge road. I'm still trying to find any other records or listings on him that may help me find him, or verify that I have the right person.......one person that assisted me in my search who I am very grateful for discovered a court record which listed his race as WHITE, CAUCASIAN, ASIATIC INDIAN, ARAB, however my mother was African American so this information has made me question if I have truly found the right person. Is it common for courts to get this information confused? [/font]
Reply:
I don't have an statistics on court records, but if your brother's father was white or mixed race, and your brother was somewhat light skinned, his mother's race could have been accidentally or deliberately hidden, perhaps by the adoptive parents or by the adoption agency. Therefore the court records would have "got it wrong" because they had been given bad info. I can absolutely see the adoption agency doing it, btw, because a biracial or white child would have been vastly more "adoptable," especially at the time. But you can only be sure one way or the other by direct contact (perhaps he looks like your family, even though the color is wrong) and double checking all your info.
Personally, if I was sure the adoptive mother's mother was likely the right person, and living someplace you can knock on the door, I would try ONCE in person. Perhaps she is less dismissive of live people. However, if I was you I would go with a VERY CALM female friend, and calmly leave immediately if she still gave me static. If somehow you find out where she goes to church, that would be an even better place, as she would certainly feel both safe AND obligated to behave well.
Good luck....
Advertisements
JessieRush
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial][/font]
[font=Arial]Any advice or help anyone could offer would be much appreciated,[/font]
[font=Arial]Thank you,[/font]
[font=Arial]Jessie[/font]
[font=Arial]My e-mail is GRush@Edmunds.com[/font]
Name: Eric Jackson
Titles and Terms (Original):
Also Known As:
2nd Also Known As Name:
3rd Also Known As Name:
Residence Date: 25 Feb 2004-20 Aug 2008
Residence Place: District Heights, Maryland, United States
Birth Date:
Phone Number: (301) 257-9895